Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform How to include new Code-Saturne as CFDSTUDY module into Salome

How to include new Code-Saturne as CFDSTUDY module into Salome

Up to Extension of the platform

How to include new Code-Saturne as CFDSTUDY module into Salome

Posted by Aliaksandr Alevanau at November 09. 2011

Dear All,

As you probably noticed, EDF has released the latest Code-Saturne-2.1.0, which has CFDSTUDY.

It can be compiled under CAELinux-2001 (Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit) easily if its configure will receive the places for SALOME GUI and SALOME KERNEL, and the place of OMNIIDL inside the tree of packages compiled for Salome.

Then it successfully installs into /usr/local and Salome doesn't know about its existence.

The question is: how to make the CFDSTUDY module, which will use Code-Saturne together with Syrthe and Code-Aster, known to Salome?

Has anybody here accomplished this?

Re: How to include new Code-Saturne as CFDSTUDY module into Salome

Posted by Yvan Fournier at November 26. 2011

Hello,

Using CFDSTUDY with Code_Saturen 2.1 requires a few minor fixes in Code_Saturne, which have been added in a 2.1.1 version which should be released very soon (probably next week, after our annual user meeting next Monday).

On my personal PC (running Ubuntu 11.10), with SALOME 6.3.1 installed under /home/yvan/opt, I needed to add the following options to my "configure" line to get CFDSTUDY working with the development trunk (future 2.2), and the same options should work with version 2.2.1 as soon as it is released:

SALOMEPRE=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_build.sh SALOMEENV=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/env_products.sh --with-salome-gui=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/GUI_6.3.1 --with-salome-kernel=/home/yvan/opt/salome_6.3.1/KERNEL_6.3.1

(I also needed to add export LOGNAME=`logname` in my .bashrc, but this advice comes from another post on this SALOME forum.

Once Code_Saturne is installed, simply running "code_saturne salome" instead of "code_saturne gui" launches SALOME with CFDSTUDY.

So just wait a few days for version 2.1.1, and you'll have an up-to-date CFDSTUDY working.

Regards,

Yvan

Posted by Aliaksandr Alevanau at December 01. 2011

Yvan, thanks a lot.

This is really good news.

Posted by Aliaksandr Alevanau at December 29. 2011

Hello everybody,

Actually everything worked fine only with the latest code-saturne-2.1.2.

Previous version could be compiled, but it was impossible to start Salome with a pretty strange error like /bin/sh has no file after a point.

Right now it's Ok with Salome-5.3.1 compiled under CAELinux-2011 (Ubuntu 10.04 64bit).

I am going to test the CFDSUDY thoroughly on a model coupled with Syrthes.

Best wishes and greeting with upcoming New Year,

Aliaksandr