Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Module Plugin

Module Plugin

Up to Extension of the platform

Module Plugin

Posted by Aminul Islam at August 16. 2010

Hi everybody

Is there any way to write plugin application for salome modules(ie. Geom, SMesh ) ? I want to build a plugin app for salome existing modules without modifying the module source code.

Aminul

Re: Module Plugin

Posted by pierre_j at August 16. 2010

Hi Aminul,

You should read this post: http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/533782721#92421444

Look for the 11th or 12th post, it will answer your question.

(A short answer is anyway "yes" :))

Bests,

Pierre

Posted by Aminul Islam at August 17. 2010

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your quick reply ! I will look through the post.

Regards,

Aminul

Posted by Aminul Islam at August 17. 2010

Hello Pierre,

I have read the (11th & 12th) post. According to 12th post of http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/533782721#92421444 , I have define the variable SALOME_PLUGINS_PATH  to a plugin directory which contains http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salome/scripts/salome_plugins.py 

http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salome/scripts/geom_plugins.py , but I didnt find "Tools/Plugins" menu in salome even after activating GEOM module. Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Aminul

Posted by pierre_j at August 17. 2010

Hi Aminul,

Which version of Salome are you using? 5.1.4? Windows?Linux?

Did you restarted Salome after defining the environment variable?

Bests,

Pierre

Posted by Aminul Islam at August 18. 2010

Hi Pierre,

Thanks. I'm using Salome 5.1.3.

I've tested in both Windows and Linux. 

Yes, I did restart Salome after defining the environment variable.

Regards,

Aminul

Posted by pierre_j at August 18. 2010

I don't know much about the limitations of this new feature, but you should try with Salome 5.1.4.

I understand that it is available since 5.1.4.

Good luck!

Pierre

Posted by Aminul Islam at August 18. 2010

Yes, it works in Salome 5.1.4! Thank you once again.

I have another question,  Can I write the plugins in C++ other than python script?

Aminul

Posted by pierre_j at August 27. 2010

Hi,

I am sorry, I cannot say. I hope someone else may help you further.

Bests and good luck!

Pierre

Posted by Aminul Islam at August 27. 2010

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your help. I got the answer anyway.

Aminul

Posted by JMB at August 27. 2010

Previously Aminul Islam wrote:

I got the answer anyway.

Hello Aminul,

And for the benefit of the community the answer is ?

Regards,

JMB

Posted by Aminul Islam at August 29. 2010

So far I know that module plugins in c++ is not supported yet. We have to write it in python script.

Aminul

Posted by Vladimir Torshilov at September 28. 2010

Hi everyone!

I have read the documentation relating to the HELLO _SRTS and CALCULATOR _SRC. These documents describe how to create their own modules for Salome, but I had a few questions and I will be grateful if anyone can help me.

1. Is it possible to compile and include sample files, such as HELLO_SRC, CALCULATOR _SRC under Windows, and of course load them in the Windows version of Salome (5.1.4). How to do it? The documentation  describes only about compiling under UNIX.

2. The documentation for Salome and the documentation for example CALCULATOR_SRTS said that the first step in creating a new component is to create a directory tree that can be copied from the most similar module. And then using a utility renameSalomeModule we set the new name for the component.After that we should write *.idl file interface of the new module, compile it and override some methods for implementation. In this regard, I have two questions: 

a)Is it enough to use the utility renameSalomeModule for the formation of the file structure of the module. really do not want anything to change in the configuration files and Makefile files. If they require modification, how it's done. In the documentation of this issue can not be described.

b)How to compile *. idl file - This is done by third-party tools to manually or automatically by means of Salome.

3.Is it possible to find in English the following documents:
  "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en Python" (C.Caremoli)
  "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en C++" (N.Crouzet)
  "Using the SAlome configuration and Building System enviroment (P.Goldbronn M.Tajchman)"

Best regards,

Vladimir