Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform GDB error when debugging SALOME component

GDB error when debugging SALOME component

Up to Extension of the platform

GDB error when debugging SALOME component

Posted by Yuefeng Qiu at March 07. 2013

Hello!

I have an error when using GDB to debug a SALOME component. As I know, SALOME sever should run with SALOME environment variable being registered. However, when calling the GDB  (version 7.4)under this environment, the GDB encounters the following error:

gdb: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_FromEncodedObject

I have check the problem once, the reason is that when running GDB with python 2.6, the python should be built with option: --enable-unicode=ucs4. However, after I rebuilt the python in SALOME to include this option, the SALOME simply couldn't work any more. It seems that SALOME must work with UCS2.

Is there anybody knows how to deal with this problem?

Best regards,

Yuefeng

Re: GDB error when debugging SALOME component

Posted by Saint Michael at March 07. 2013

Hello Yuefeng

If there were unresolved symbols in SALOME, it would not work. As it is not so, I believe that your environment is wrong.

St.Michael

Posted by Yuefeng Qiu at March 07. 2013

Hello Michael,

The SALOME is currently working. I mean I 've tried to rebuild the python 2.6 in SALOME with option: --enable-unicode=ucs4, then the SALOME shows some error related to the UCS4, but GDB in turn works well. So I think there is a conflict between GDB and SALOME with unicode version in python. 

Because I have to debug my SALOME component, I should make GDB and SALOME to work together. 

Best regards,

Yuefeng

Posted by Yuefeng Qiu at March 11. 2013

Hello Michael,

I finally solve the problem in this way:

-> write a script to source salome.sh and run salome;

-> in a terminal, call this script, and execute ps -ef | grep SALOME_Session_Server, then gdb SALOME_Session_Server $PID

In this way I can avoid running GDB and SALOME in the same environment. 

Best regards,

Yuefeng

Posted by Saint Michael at March 11. 2013

Hi Yuefeng

Thank you for the information, I'm glad you have succeeded.
St.Michael