Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Feature request: automatically create notebook variables on object creation

Feature request: automatically create notebook variables on object creation

Up to Extension of the platform

Feature request: automatically create notebook variables on object creation

Posted by Andrea Palazzi at June 15. 2011

Hi,

I would like to ask if it's possible to add an option to automaticalli create notebook variables on the creation of object: e.g., if I create a point with three coordinates (1,2,3) create three notebook variables, like V1=1, V2=2, V3=3 , and use them for the creation of the object instead of the entered numbers; this way it would be easier to change something at a later time.

For this to work always another feature is needed: make the subshapes order constant also on variable changes: right now, if I create e.g. a wire with the sketcher, then extract an edge, then dump the study, change something in the sketch definition, then relod, it happens that the order of the extracted edges changes, and subsequent operations may fail. I think this also applies to other generation routines, like extrusion. Would it be possible to make deterministic the order of subshapes?

This (i think) is also an issue on shapes created with python scripts: how do I exctract the "top" face of an extruded geometry?

Bye

Andrea