Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Netgen 6.2 support and stand-alone version

Netgen 6.2 support and stand-alone version

Up to Extension of the platform

Netgen 6.2 support and stand-alone version

Posted by Trevor Laughlin at April 06. 2018

Hello,

I just wanted to share a project that may be relevant/useful to Salome:

It would be great if the meshing module of Salome was optionally available/built as a stand-alone library like this, then I could avoid replicating this each time a new version of Salome is released. Just pull new changes and only build "SMESH". Add preprocessors if being built as stand-alone?
Cheers,
Trevor

Re: Netgen 6.2 support and stand-alone version

Posted by Trevor Laughlin at April 06. 2018

I should add that there is an effort to get changes incorporated into Netgen to make it work with "SMESH" naturally so perhaps patching can be avoided in the future.

https://github.com/NGSolve/netgen/pull/10

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at April 06. 2018

Hello Trevor,

I think putting sources from different SALOME modules together into the same repository is not a good idea. In any case it is not appropriate for SALOME project, at least in the way it is done now, sorry. Modularity is indeed one of the most important aspects of SALOME architecture - each module is responsible for particular feature of the platform.

Regards,
Vadim.

Previously Trevor Laughlin wrote:

Hello,

I just wanted to share a project that may be relevant/useful to Salome:

It would be great if the meshing module of Salome was optionally available/built as a stand-alone library like this, then I could avoid replicating this each time a new version of Salome is released. Just pull new changes and only build "SMESH". Add preprocessors if being built as stand-alone?
Cheers,
Trevor

Posted by Christophe Trophime at January 08. 2019

Hi,
out of curiosity does Netgen 6.2 could be used for NETGENPlugin?

Shall I have to use the patch above to get Netgen 6.2 (1804) working?

Thanks for any info

Best
C.

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at January 09. 2019

Netgen 6.2 was not tested yet with SALOME Netgen plugin module that is currently based on patched version of Netgen 5.3.1.

Before saying anything definite, it is necessary to check what fixes used with SALOME were pushed to Netgen repository. Note that in addition to bug fixes some specific improvements needed by SALOME were introduced with the patch.

Previously Christophe Trophime wrote:

Hi,
out of curiosity does Netgen 6.2 could be used for NETGENPlugin?

Shall I have to use the patch above to get Netgen 6.2 (1804) working?

Thanks for any info

Best
C.