Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Aster Module

Aster Module

Up to Extension of the platform
  • Aster Module

Posted by Florante Kho at February 16. 2007
    Hi,

What version of salome has the built in Aster module?
    I have seen a documentation from Code_Aster discussing the use of Aster module in Salome.
    This is a great piece of work. Do I need to compile Salome from scratch with option to include Code_Aster?
    Please show me how to do it.

See this link
    http://www.codeaster.com/DOCASTER/Man_U/U1/U10410a.pdf

Thank you very much.
    • Re: Aster Module

Posted by Piero Cirrottola at February 19. 2007
      because the number can make the force, me too I read this documentation and I need some install/download info.
      Ciao to anyone
                        Piero

Florante Kho
      wrote:
      Hi,

What version of salome has the built in Aster module?
      I have seen a documentation from Code_Aster discussing the use of Aster module in Salome.
      This is a great piece of work. Do I need to compile Salome from scratch with option to include Code_Aster?
      Please show me how to do it.

See this link
      http://www.codeaster.com/DOCASTER/Man_U/U1/U10410a.pdf

Thank you very much.

Posted by Florante Kho at October 11. 2007
        CAELinux  team is about to release CAElinux2007 in the next couple of weeks. The team is proud to include Salome 3.2.6  with built in code aster module. As the team said that it is GPL'ed by OCC , we hope to see on how to build this salome with aster module on other Linux flavors. CAELinux is based on PClinux and is Mandrake as its parents. I my self is a fun of  debian and its decendants so I like to build it on my ubuntu box, but it seems that there is no code or a little "how to" to build this anywhere in aster site or salome site or even on CAElinux site (currently down).

Thank you very much.

Posted by Florante Kho at November 13. 2007
          CAELinux 2007 has just been released with the brand new Salome_Meca , the Salome 3.2.6 with Aster Code built in.

I wonder if that will be available thru Salome-platform.org?

Posted by JMB at November 15. 2007
            Florante Kho wrote:
            CAELinux 2007 has just been released with the brand new Salome_Meca , the Salome 3.2.6 with Aster Code built in.

I wonder if that will be available thru Salome-platform.org?

I too am very interested in knowing how to compile (or install) this added feature to Salome 3.2.6 in my Ubuntu and Fedora PCs.  Hope somebody can shed some light!

Thanks
            JMB

Posted by WG at November 21. 2007
              I just installed Salome on Fedora 6 along with Code-Aster 9.1. Any thoughts yet on how to integrate Code-Aster into Salome just as CAELinux has done? I guess it would pay to look at the source/files on the CAE DVD/install. If anyone has any insight it would be highly appreciated because I am hooked to Fedora and dont want to switch distros. I saw the reference to the French document above regarding the modules but I dont speak French to my regret.

Cheers,

Wess

Posted by Florante Kho at November 27. 2007
                Hi all,

I have just seen this morning the Salome_Meca has been released from CAELinux 2007 for other linux flavors.
                http://caelinux.com/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=40

In view of this, will salome-plaform.org dies after this? Who will need a Pre-Post proccesor when there is the same Pre-Post processor wirth the solver itself?

hhhhhmmmmm...I wonder what the people from this forum do or plan for salome 3.2.6 and beyond?

Thank you.