Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

Up to Extension of the platform
  • Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

    Posted by JMB at February 23. 2007
    Hello,

    There has been talk of developmental versions of Salome incorporating new features in these and Code-Aster forums.  Are there any concrete plans to publish any beyond the 3.2.2 release?   It would be nice if the "Roadmap" page of this website would post some kind of future path as well, so we can get a better idea of what to expect.

    Thanks for all the hard work!
    JMB
    • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

      Posted by JMB at March 03. 2007
      JMB wrote:
      Hello,

      There has been talk of developmental versions of Salome incorporating new features in these and Code-Aster forums.  Are there any concrete plans to publish any beyond the 3.2.2 release?   It would be nice if the "Roadmap" page of this website would post some kind of future path as well, so we can get a better idea of what to expect.

      Thanks for all the hard work!
      JMB



      Hello Anybody,

      Any clue, direction or answers?

      JMB
    • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

      Posted by JMB at March 31. 2007
      JMB wrote:
      Hello,

      There has been talk of developmental versions of Salome incorporating new features in these and Code-Aster forums.  Are there any concrete plans to publish any beyond the 3.2.2 release?   It would be nice if the "Roadmap" page of this website would post some kind of future path as well, so we can get a better idea of what to expect.

      Thanks for all the hard work!
      JMB


      Hello,

      Is nobody interested in giving my suggestion even a thought, or a reply?

      JMB
      • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

        Posted by Jan BrĂ¼ninghaus at March 31. 2007
        I'm interested in this information, but don't know anything too.
        • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

          Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at April 05. 2007
          SALOME 3.2.6 is planned to be published end-April or may – the exact date is not defined yet.
          • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

            Posted by Peter Dolbey at April 10. 2007
            Sergey Mozokhin wrote:
            SALOME 3.2.6 is planned to be published end-April or may – the exact date is not defined yet.

            I suppose that there's no possibility of publishing a feature list for 3.2.6 - this should be baselined by now. I found another quote from mid 2005.

            Fricaud wrote:
            Hello

            A version of SALOME on Windows will be built  by OCC before the  end of this Year.

            Yves

            Still waiting...

            Pete

            • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

              Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at April 10. 2007
              This message was removed in accordance with OCC commercial privacy policy. If you have any questions please write webmaster@opencascade.com
              • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

                Posted by Peter Dolbey at April 10. 2007

                Andriy

                Interesting response. I can quite imagine that OCC have the resources to build a Windows version and can also exploit some of their own proprietary technologies such as OMF etc. I'm not sure where this leaves the open source community - if an OS Windows port is not in the OCC release roadmap but all the published components are using GPL, LGPL or similar licenses then it opens the possibility for a community project to close this gap. But if the Windows port is still an option, then this could be wasted work. Yet again, such a version is still very much wanted as can be seen in other posts - "You're the hundreth person I've told this week - there's no demand".

                My own efforts at a similar system seem to have stalled for a while - actually because I'm trying to design it first. I'm currently trying to develop a stable, extensible, model-view-controller design for the user interaction model.

                I've also found a number of problems with components like netgen not compiling under VC 8.0 SP1 but I've now joined its forum so I'll try asking there. GMSH 2.0 now has OCC compatibility for STEP/IGES but no geometry builder - but it is getting frequent updates which both a good and bad thing.

                Thanks for the update.

                Pete

                • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

                  Posted by Mario at May 18. 2007

                  Hi, everybody!

                  Seen new version 3.2.6. still no news about a windows port?

                  Mario

                   

            • Re: Any new version of Salome beyond 3.2.2?

              Posted by varun gupta at October 01. 2007
              Peter Dolbey wrote:
              Sergey Mozokhin wrote:
              SALOME 3.2.6 is planned to be published end-April or may – the exact date is not defined yet.

              I suppose that there's no possibility of publishing a feature list for 3.2.6 - this should be baselined by now. I found another quote from mid 2005.

              Fricaud wrote:
              Hello

              A version of SALOME on Windows will be built  by OCC before the  end of this Year.

              Yves

              Still waiting...

              Pete


              you got all the required windows packages?
Powered by Ploneboard
Document Actions