Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform salome in shape optimization

salome in shape optimization

Up to Extension of the platform
  • salome in shape optimization

Posted by Manav Bhatia at March 09. 2008
    Hi, I am curious to know if someone has used Salome in a shape design environment. I am evaluating the package for this purpose. My application will build a geometry from a set of parameters. Hence, I will know the dependence of the basic geometrical entities (points) on these parameters. Once I use them to create more complex shapes (lines, planes, solids, and their intersections), and then mesh them, is it possible to get the sensitivities of the mesh locations with respect to the set of independent parameters (from which I am creating my points)? As an example, if I create 4 points from a parameter, and then join them by lines, which create a plane, and then mesh it, then is it possible to get the sensitivities as an output? If not, is it possible to get the values of the basis functions (or non-dimensional coordinates) of these nodal points in the shape? As an extension, is it possible to get the basis functions for the nodal locations for a general shape? I would appreciate any insight. Thanks in advance. Regards, Manav