Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform create results, how to use efscac.f and efscfe.f

create results, how to use efscac.f and efscfe.f

Up to Extension of the platform
  • create results, how to use efscac.f and efscfe.f

Posted by mihe at April 06. 2008
    Hi,
    I try to create a .med file with mesh and results. To create the mesh I use the fortran subroutines efmaac.f, efcooe.f and efcone.f which works fine.

But I fail to create scalar results. Should I use efscac.f and efscfe.f ? Unfortunately I do not understand French language...

How do I create vector results?

Are there some example files somewhere?

/Micke
    • Re: create results, how to use efscac.f and efscfe.f

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at April 07. 2008
      Hi Micke,

May be you want to try the English version of the MED manual. You can obtain it from

http://www-tm.wbmt.tudelft.nl/~andrico/tutorial.tgz

Regards,
                        Andriy

Posted by mihe at April 07. 2008

Hi, Thank you for your response!

I have looked trough that documetion earlier. But this document only describes the medmem method, right?. And includes no fortran routines. I am not a experenced programmer... That method seems quite complex to me. The fortran routines would be a more "straight ahead" way for me.

I see quite a few users asking the same question in this forum: -how to import their results to
        salome? Unfortunately few anwers. It would be great to achive this since salome is a very good pre/post software compared to other free programs.

Give me som advice, should I drop the fortan routines? If so can I use c routines instead to create a med file, or do I have to use the medmem method?

Kind Regards/Micke

Posted by mihe at April 07. 2008

Hi, Thank you for your response!

I have looked trough that documetion earlier. But this document only describes the medmem method, right?. And includes no fortran routines. I am not a experenced programmer... That method seems quite complex to me. The fortran routines would be a more "straight ahead" way for me.

I see quite a few users asking the same question in this forum: -how to import their results to
        salome? Unfortunately few anwers. It would be great to achive this since salome is a very good pre/post software compared to other free programs.

Give me som advice, should I drop the fortan routines? If so can I use c routines instead to create a med file, or do I have to use the medmem method?

Kind Regards/Micke

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at April 07. 2008
          Micke, you are right. Sorry, I never read that tutorial myself.   I was just trying to read the French tutorial from www.code-aster.org using internet based French English translation tool http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr.  Well, it's slow, but usable.
          Good luck,
                                Andriy

Posted by mihe at April 08. 2008
            That helped, did not think of it me self, but it gave some understanding.  It is efchae.f that should be used for writing scalars and vectors...
            /Micke