Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform developingguiwithopen-cascade

developingguiwithopen-cascade

Up to Extension of the platform
  • developingguiwithopen-cascade

    Posted by tsachi at April 17. 2009

    I am consideringusingopen cascade as an basic interface for a numerical software.

    I the open cascade site there was a reference about building open cacade GUI enviorment:

    " Open CASCADE GUIF is available as SALOME User Interface Toolkit (SUIT) which is a part of SALOME Open Source distribution "

    Can you provide me with more information about it?

     

    Best

    Tsachi

    • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

      Posted by Vadim SANDLER at March 11. 2010

      Hello Branislav,

      Unfortunately, GEOM, SMESH, VISU modules require full SALOME and cannot be built and used in the light (no-CORBA) mode.

      Regards,
      Vadim.

    • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

      Posted by Vadim SANDLER at April 17. 2009

      Hello Tsachi,

      SALOME GUI module, often also called SUIT (=SALOME User Interface Toolkit) provides a functionality which can be used to build CAD applications front-end. It includes a set of packages which can be used as "bricks" to build GUI framework of the application. SUIT is Qt-based and provides (among other features) integration with CASCADE, VTK, Qwt libraries. For example, OCCViewer package wraps Open CASCADE visualization features, VTKViewer makes the same for the VTK library, etc. SUIT source package implements base GUI mechanisms, STD package allows building SDI, MDI, and multi-desktop GUI environment, CAF package provides front-end for Open CASCADE CAF (application framework), etc.

       

      Regards,

      Vadim.

      • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

        Posted by tsachi at April 17. 2009

        Can I write windowsapplications with it? or does it compile only on linux like Salome?

        Best

        Tsachi

        • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

          Posted by Vadim SANDLER at April 17. 2009

          Hello Tsachi,

          Yes, you can. SUIT is compilable on Windows.

           

          Regards,

          Vadim

          • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

            Posted by Peter Dolbey at April 17. 2009

            Has anyone looked at using the LGPL'd Qt4 yet - Qt3 is still problematic in relation to its open source licensing and Visual Studio and would probably still require using the Qt/Win'd version on sourceforge developed for building KDE3.

            Any thoughts?

            Pete

            • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

              Posted by Erwan ADAM at April 28. 2009
              Peter Dolbey wrote:

              Has anyone looked at using the LGPL'd Qt4 yet - Qt3 is still problematic in relation to its open source licensing and Visual Studio and would probably still require using the Qt/Win'd version on sourceforge developed for building KDE3.

              Any thoughts?

              Pete


              Hi Pete and all salome platform users,

              For information, the next published version will be the 5.1.1. It has already been tagged
              internally and we hope to publish it on site in two or three weeks. One of the main modification of
              this version is that all the graphical parts has been ported from qt3 to qt4 (a lot of work as you can
              imagine !). I have ported this version on qt4.5.0 after you send a message on that in the forum :)
              (Indeed, there were only two modifications).

              For windows ... this version is not yet compatible ! We have all the patches to compile on windows
              but some of them remain not integrated by lack of time before the 5.1.1 tag. I will say more on that
              point after the 5.1.1 publication.

              Regards,

                            E.A.
              • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                Posted by Peter Dolbey at April 28. 2009

                Erwan,

                As I've said before, I and I'm sure others on the qtocc/salomesmesh/salomegeometry projects would be pleased to help deliver this with you - you only have to ask!

                Pete

                • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                  Posted by Erwan ADAM at April 28. 2009
                  Peter Dolbey wrote:

                  Erwan,

                  As I've said before, I and I'm sure others on the qtocc/salomesmesh/salomegeometry projects would be pleased to help deliver this with you - you only have to ask!

                  Pete


                  I know that you or others can help ... but, concerning the windows port of salome, We are working
                  on the version based on qt4 which have not been published yet. That's why I conclude my message
                  saying that I will precise more points on windows after the publication.

                  Regards, E.A.

              • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                Posted by Kai Liu at May 18. 2009
                ADAM Erwan wrote:
                Peter Dolbey wrote:

                Has anyone looked at using the LGPL'd Qt4 yet - Qt3 is still problematic in relation to its open source licensing and Visual Studio and would probably still require using the Qt/Win'd version on sourceforge developed for building KDE3.

                Any thoughts?

                Pete


                Hi Pete and all salome platform users,

                For information, the next published version will be the 5.1.1. It has already been tagged
                internally and we hope to publish it on site in two or three weeks. One of the main modification of
                this version is that all the graphical parts has been ported from qt3 to qt4 (a lot of work as you can
                imagine !). I have ported this version on qt4.5.0 after you send a message on that in the forum :)
                (Indeed, there were only two modifications).

                For windows ... this version is not yet compatible ! We have all the patches to compile on windows
                but some of them remain not integrated by lack of time before the 5.1.1 tag. I will say more on that
                point after the 5.1.1 publication.

                Regards,

                              E.A.


                Hi Erwan,
                Do you mean a totally new version of Salome will come out soon? Is it a stable release?

                What about the version of python in the coming 5.1.1?  And... I am interested in its Changlog.
              • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                Posted by Peter Dolbey at July 05. 2009
                ADAM Erwan wrote:

                ....For information, the next published version will be the 5.1.1. It has already been tagged internally and we hope to publish it on site in two or three weeks.....


                Erwan,

                Its been a long 3 weeks - its always dangerous to predict a Salome release date.

                Is there a better estimate for the next release date yet?

                Pete

                • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                  Posted by Erwan ADAM at July 16. 2009
                  Peter Dolbey wrote:
                  ADAM Erwan wrote:

                  ....For information, the next published version will be the 5.1.1. It has already been tagged internally and we hope to publish it on site in two or three weeks.....


                  Erwan,

                  Its been a long 3 weeks - its always dangerous to predict a Salome release date.

                  Is there a better estimate for the next release date yet?

                  Pete


                  Hi Pete,

                  Yes, I have a better estimate for the next release, it is 10/07/2009 :)
                  Indeed, you are right ... it is difficult to predict a Salome release date,
                  it is easiest after the release has been published !

                  Regards,

                                      E.A.

                  • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                    Posted by Peter Dolbey at July 16. 2009
                    ADAM Erwan wrote:
                    Peter Dolbey wrote:
                    ADAM Erwan wrote:

                    ....For information, the next published version will be the 5.1.1. It has already been tagged internally and we hope to publish it on site in two or three weeks.....


                    Erwan,

                    Its been a long 3 weeks - its always dangerous to predict a Salome release date.

                    Is there a better estimate for the next release date yet?

                    Pete


                    Hi Pete,

                    Yes, I have a better estimate for the next release, it is 10/07/2009 :)
                    Indeed, you are right ... it is difficult to predict a Salome release date,
                    it is easiest after the release has been published !

                    Regards,

                                        E.A.


                    Erwan,

                    Ah yes, but does 10/07/2009 mean 10th July, 2009 (i.e. in the past, like the Brits use) or 7th October, 2009 (i.e. in the future like the Americans use). That could be the root cause of your scheduling problems...

                    Only joking - but still awaiting for your next announcements on Win32!

                    Pete

                • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                  Posted by Erwan ADAM at August 04. 2009
                  Peter Dolbey wrote:
                  ADAM Erwan wrote:

                  ....For information, the next published version will be the 5.1.1. It has already been tagged internally and we hope to publish it on site in two or three weeks.....


                  Erwan,

                  Its been a long 3 weeks - its always dangerous to predict a Salome release date.

                  Is there a better estimate for the next release date yet?

                  Pete

                   

                  See :

                  http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_14/thread_2896

                   

                  Regards,

                   

                         E.A.

                   

                  • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                    Posted by Peter Dolbey at August 04. 2009

                    Download and started running it last night on Vista, but suffered from frequent crashes in the Salome session but I see how much work you've put into this release.

                    Do you have any instuctions, tools or other collateral etc for building from source - I'd love to be able to run it within a debugger?

                    Pete

                    • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                      Posted by Erwan ADAM at August 05. 2009
                      Peter Dolbey wrote:

                      Download and started running it last night on Vista, but suffered from frequent crashes in the Salome session but I see how much work you've put into this release.

                      Do you have any instuctions, tools or other collateral etc for building from source - I'd love to be able to run it within a debugger?

                      Pete


                      Yes, I have instructions to build in release or debug mode but I've not
                      published them since I have still a lot of patches in sources and I want
                      to integrate them before publishing everything ...

                      For the moment, if you have a reproducible bug, you can send it on the
                      forum or describe it in errata page
                      http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/salome-windows-errata
                      (you need a google account), I will try to fix it and publish a patch.

                      Regards,

                                         E.A.

                    • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                      Posted by Erwan ADAM at August 05. 2009
                      Peter Dolbey wrote:

                      Download and started running it last night on Vista, but suffered from frequent crashes in the Salome session but I see how much work you've put into this release.

                      Do you have any instuctions, tools or other collateral etc for building from source - I'd love to be able to run it within a debugger?

                      Pete


                      Hi Pete,

                      For your tests on Vista : Is it 32 or 64 bits and did you need to install
                      the vcredist libraries ?

                      E.A.

                      • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

                        Posted by Peter Dolbey at August 05. 2009
                        ADAM Erwan wrote:
                        Peter Dolbey wrote:

                        Download and started running it last night on Vista, but suffered from frequent crashes in the Salome session but I see how much work you've put into this release.

                        Do you have any instuctions, tools or other collateral etc for building from source - I'd love to be able to run it within a debugger?

                        Pete


                        Hi Pete,

                        For your tests on Vista : Is it 32 or 64 bits and did you need to install
                        the vcredist libraries ?

                        E.A.

                        32 bit Vista, and I didn't need to install vcredist - but this is a development machine with VS2008 installed (VS2005 installed previously).

                        Pete

          • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

            Posted by Branislav Radjenovic at August 20. 2009
            Vadim SANDLER wrote:

            Hello Tsachi,

            Yes, you can. SUIT is compilable on Windows.

             

            Regards,

            Vadim


            Hi Vadim,

            It is really good news :), but where I can find instructions how to build SUIT on Windows(XP)?

            Best regards,

            Branislav

             

            • Re: developingguiwithopen-cascade

              Posted by Vadim SANDLER at August 21. 2009
              Hello Branislav,

              The simplest way to build SALOME on Windows is using of embedded cmake-based build procedure (refer to KERNEL module sources).
              You'll need binaries of the pre-requisite products (either download from SALOME ftp repository, see this thread: http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_14/thread_2896; or build them manully). Also you will need a compiler (if you download SALOME products from the ftp repository, you'll need to use Visual Studio 2009 Express Edition) and latest version of cmake (www.cmake.org).

              Good luck!

              Regards,
              Vadim.
              • Windowows Salome Light

                Posted by Branislav Radjenovic at March 11. 2010

                Hi Vadim,

                Thank you for the previous responde. I am interested if it is possible to build Windows Salome in light app mode (without CORBA). Actually, I need a simpler platform; GEOM, SMESH (&VISU) modules only.

                Regards,

                Branislav

Powered by Ploneboard
Document Actions