Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Constraints Solver for the Sketcher

Constraints Solver for the Sketcher

Up to Extension of the platform
  • Constraints Solver for the Sketcher

Posted by JonG at May 25. 2009
    Hello everyone,

I have played around with Salome before. One of the complaints that I had about the geometry modules is that there were not sketch constraints like in Solidworks, Unigraphics NX, or any other big CAD package. I understood that CAD was not the biggest part of the project, and that at the time there were no opensource constraint solver.

Since that time, I have developed a geometric constraints solver. Well I'm still working on making it better but it currently solves most 2d constraint problems. I was wondering if you here on the SALOME project would be interested in using my solver? The project is hosted at:

http://code.google.com/p/sketchsolve/

I hope that as more projects use the code it can be enhansed and debugged. Also, with only a little more work the solver will also be able to solve 3d part assembly problems.

Anyhow let me know what you all think.

• Re: Constraints Solver for the Sketcher

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at May 25. 2009
      Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your kind proposition.
      We will surely investigate the possibility to use this helpful tool within the SALOME platform.

Regards,
      Vadim.

Posted by Cacciatorino at June 14. 2009
        This is a very good idea, because one of the biggest problems in Salome is the difficult to use the geometry module.

Actually I entered to this forum today just to suggest this!

Regards, alessandro.

Posted by Cacciatorino at June 14. 2009
          Is it already possible to try it inside Salome?

Posted by JonG at June 23. 2009
            I'm currently working with the HeeksCAD developers integrating SketchSolve into HeeksCAD. HeeksCAD is an opensource CAD package release with the new BSD license. Perhaps there is some interest in some colaboration with the HeeksCAD team? HeeksCAD can be found at: http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/.

I would like to know if there is any interest in some colaboration with these projects. Basic sketch constraints are in the currrent SVN repository for HeeksCAD.