Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Salome for Ubuntu platform? Statically linked version?

Salome for Ubuntu platform? Statically linked version?

Up to Extension of the platform
  • Salome for Ubuntu platform? Statically linked version?

Posted by Joseph Mooney at December 20. 2005
    I'm using my Ubuntu linux box to do my work so I don't want to experiment with it trying to compile this from scratch.  On the other hand, I recently downloaded the CAE Linux live CD and I'm pretty impressed.

Any chance you guys might do some Debian/Ubuntu/statically linked distributions?

Thanks,

Joe
    • Re: Salome for Ubuntu platform? Statically linked version?

Posted by Fabian Braennstroem at January 11. 2006
      Hi,
      Joseph Mooney wrote:
      I'm using my Ubuntu linux box to do my work so I don't want to experiment with it trying to compile this from scratch.  On the other hand, I recently downloaded the CAE Linux live CD and I'm pretty impressed.

Any chance you guys might do some Debian/Ubuntu/statically linked distributions?

Thanks,

Joe

I just got it working on ubuntu/breezy. I actually copied the salome directory from CAE Linux and installed some deb-packages mentioned in this forum for Debian. Greetings! Fabian

Posted by Fabian Braennstroem at January 11. 2006
      Hi,
      Joseph Mooney wrote:

Thanks,

Joe

I just got it working on ubuntu/breezy. I actually copied the salome directory from CAE Linux and installed some deb-packages mentioned in this forum for Debian. A nice deb-package for salome would be really nice though :) Greetings! Fabian

Posted by JMB at March 22. 2006
        Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
        Hi,
        Joseph Mooney wrote:

Thanks,

Joe

I just got it working on ubuntu/breezy. I actually copied the salome directory from CAE Linux and installed some deb-packages mentioned in this forum for Debian. A nice deb-package for salome would be really nice though :) Greetings! Fabian

Could you post some detailed steps on how you did this please?  What do you mean by "copied the salome directory from CAE Linux"?  Could you expand on this please?  Does it mean you did:

gunzip -cd salome-2.2.8.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

Then copied the contents of the the gunzipp'ed directory over to Ubuntu?

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
        JMB