Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Suggestion for the next release

Suggestion for the next release

Up to Extension of the platform
  • Suggestion for the next release

Posted by Stefano at February 18. 2006
    Hi everyone and thankyou for your work.

A major improvement for salome, I think should be to have the capability, by wrinting a sort of macro, of exporting meshes in a user programmable way.
    I mean like in hypermesh, where you can interact with the it's basic language and then you may export custom type of meshes and more, custom types of complete input files for FE analysis.
    Thankyou
    • Re: Suggestion for the next release

Posted by Sergey Mozokhin at February 20. 2006

Hello Stefano,

Thanks for your interest in SALOME project.

At the version 2.2.8 SALOME has possibility to build mesh from TUI mode, i.e. from python script. This is programmable way to use automation mode. Please have a look into SMESH_SWIG package of SMESH module for some examples.

Future version 3.2.0 will have possibility to dump study created from GUI into TUI python script (like macro mode in MS Office, but it will dump only structure of document, but not every GUI click). Thus after dump user can load script in other document and have absolutelly the same data. Or can modify script in text editor to change parameters. This feature will be implemented for GEOM, MESH, VISU and SUPERVISOR modules.

Best regards,

Sergey.

Posted by Stefano at February 20. 2006
        Thankyou for the answer. If I correctly understand, now is possibile to mesh in batch mode. This is a very good think. But what i want to say in the previous post is to have the capability, by macro or python script, to exporting a mesh in a custom way i.e. querying the mesh database, and writing in a text file the results of the query (nodes, elements, loads and boundary conditions).
        When the 3.2 release will be available?

Posted by bernard pilling at October 23. 2006
          Would it be possible to include entity filters on the select options, so that only nodes OR line elements OR only quad elements etc. are selected by a mouse sweep?

Posted by Grigory Zhivotovsky at October 25. 2006
            Hello Bernard, Current Salome implementation permits to select in neutral point the whole mesh, submesh or group. After activation of dialog box we can select only entities corresponding to the dialog. E.g., for “Move node” dialog we can select only nodes, for “Union of triangles” only triangle faces etc. Another useful feature is “Display entity”. We can select between “edges, faces, volumes” which entities to be displayed. For nodes we can use Display mode “nodes” Best regards, Grigory.