Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform creating a new component

creating a new component

Up to Extension of the platform
  • creating a new component

    Posted by Marc Britten at August 08. 2006
    Hello, I was wondering if any documentation for creating a new component exists. I noticed a doc in french under the PYCALCULATOR module, has anyone translated that? I think I can pull most of what I need from the PYCALCULATOR files and other SALOME components, but figured I would ask first to make sure I didn't spend hours hunting down something simple I may have missed. Thanks
    • Re: creating a new component

      Posted by Vladimir Torshilov at September 28. 2010

      Hi Nicholas!
      I have a few questions to create new components for Salome and I wanted to ask you as one of the most knowledgeable in this

      matter. Tell me please, if you is not difficult.

      1. Is it possible to compile and include sample files, such as HELLO_SRC, CALCULATOR _SRC under Windows, and of course load them in the Windows version of Salome (5.1.4). How to do it? The documentation  describes only about compiling under UNIX.


      2. The documentation for Salome and the documentation for example CALCULATOR_SRTS said that the first step in creating a new component is to create a directory tree that can be copied from the most similar module. And then using a utility renameSalomeModule we set the new name for the component.After that we should write *.idl file interface of the new module, compile it and override some methods for implementation. In this regard, I have two questions: 


      a)Is it enough to use the utility renameSalomeModule for the formation of the file structure of the module. really do not want anything to change in the configuration files and Makefile files. If they require modification, how it's done. In the documentation of this issue can not be described.


      b)How to compile *. idl file - This is done by third-party tools to manually or automatically by means of Salome.


      3.Is it possible to find in English the following documents:
        "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en Python" (C.Caremoli)
        "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en C++" (N.Crouzet)
        "Using the SAlome configuration and Building System enviroment (P.Goldbronn M.Tajchman)"

       

      Best regards,

                                Vladimir

      • Re: creating a new component

        Posted by Ross Nunva at September 29. 2010

        Previously Vladimir Torshilov wrote:

        Hi Nicholas!
        I have a few questions to create new components for Salome and I wanted to ask you as one of the most knowledgeable in this

        matter. Tell me please, if you is not difficult.

        1. Is it possible to compile and include sample files, such as HELLO_SRC, CALCULATOR _SRC under Windows, and of course load them in the Windows version of Salome (5.1.4). How to do it? The documentation  describes only about compiling under UNIX.


        2. The documentation for Salome and the documentation for example CALCULATOR_SRTS said that the first step in creating a new component is to create a directory tree that can be copied from the most similar module. And then using a utility renameSalomeModule we set the new name for the component.After that we should write *.idl file interface of the new module, compile it and override some methods for implementation. In this regard, I have two questions: 


        a)Is it enough to use the utility renameSalomeModule for the formation of the file structure of the module. really do not want anything to change in the configuration files and Makefile files. If they require modification, how it's done. In the documentation of this issue can not be described.


        b)How to compile *. idl file - This is done by third-party tools to manually or automatically by means of Salome.


        3.Is it possible to find in English the following documents:
          "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en Python" (C.Caremoli)
          "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en C++" (N.Crouzet)
          "Using the SAlome configuration and Building System enviroment (P.Goldbronn M.Tajchman)"

         

        Best regards,

                                  Vladimir

        Hi Vladimir,

        I read your questions and hope, that you can help me with my problem. I need implementation externat solver into salome platform. Is there any way, how do it? Do you have any experience about this?

        Best regards

                                  Rostislav

        • Re: creating a new component

          Posted by Vladimir Torshilov at September 30. 2010

          Previously Ross Nunva wrote:

          Hi Vladimir,

          I read your questions and hope, that you can help me with my problem. I need implementation externat solver into salome platform. Is there any way, how do it? Do you have any experience about this?

          Best regards

                                    Rostislav

          Hi   Rostislav!

          Unfortunately I can't  help right now, because I don't have enough experience in building modules for Salome. If you read my

          questions, then you saw that I myself need help. I'm looking for more complete information on the development of new

          components for salome, than that given in the documentation. If I know anything, you will certainly tell.

          And at the moment the only way - to study carefully the source code examples (HELLO, PYHELLO, CALCULATOR e.t.c)


          Best regards,

                                    Vladimir

    • Re: creating a new component

      Posted by Vladimir Torshilov at October 01. 2010

      Thank you very much Christian, that responded to my request.

      I am very grateful to you! Hopefully this will help me in my work.


      Best regards,

                                Vladimir

    • Re: creating a new component

      Posted by Christian Caremoli at September 30. 2010

      Hi

      You can find an english translation of those documents in YACS documentation

      "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en Python" (C.Caremoli)
       "Guide pour le developpement d' un module Salome 2 en C++" (N.Crouzet)

      The third document is outdated.

      You should first begin with one of the tools YACSGEN and HXX2SALOME that are able to generate

      a SALOME module and then finish the work by hand.

      Best regards

      Christian

    • Re: creating a new component

      Posted by CROUZET Nicolas at August 25. 2006
      Hello Marc, There is an english doc relative to CALCULATOR component. You can find it in CALCULATOR_SRC_x.y.z/doc of the distribution. You may also use a generation and building tool called HXX2SALOME. Its documentation is in HXX2SALOMEDOC directory. HXX2SALOME/bin directory also contains another tool called renameSalomeModule, usefull for duplicating existing modules. Complete integration tutorials are under construction, and should be published soon. Nicolas.
      • Re: creating a new component

        Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at November 03. 2006

        Dear Nicolas,

           Concerning a new component development. What would be the best way to integrate a new FEM solver in Salome? Do I need to write some sort of interface component for Salome and then link that to my solver? The manual on Supervisor module says that it can be used to link solvers, however it is really not clear how. 

        If I need to write a new component, do I necessarily have to deal with CORBA (which I don't know too much)  or there is a way to avoid it?

        I also guess that I will need to use the MED module, however the documentation is only in French. Have you already got  an English version?

        Best regards,

                                  Andriy

         

        • Re: creating a new component

          Posted by Marc Britten at November 03. 2006
          Dang, I forgot to thank Nicholas for the reply.

          I managed to hack most of my component together by reviewing code from the GEOM module, have something semi-working, but haven't had time to go further with it.
        • Re: creating a new component

          Posted by Marc Britten at November 03. 2006
          a andreykiv wrote:

          If I need to write a new component, do I necessarily have to deal with CORBA (which I don't know too much)  or there is a way to avoid it?


          With my module all the corba stuff seemed to be taken care of by the SALOME libraries.
        • Re: creating a new component

          Posted by CROUZET Nicolas at November 08. 2006
          a andreykiv wrote:

          Dear Nicolas,

             Concerning a new component development. What would be the best way to integrate a new FEM solver in Salome? Do I need to write some sort of interface component for Salome and then link that to my solver? The manual on Supervisor module says that it can be used to link solvers, however it is really not clear how. 

          If I need to write a new component, do I necessarily have to deal with CORBA (which I don't know too much)  or there is a way to avoid it?

          I also guess that I will need to use the MED module, however the documentation is only in French. Have you already got  an English version?

          Best regards,

                                    Andriy

           


          Dear Andriy,

          There are several possibilities :

           - you can write what is called a "light module" : it's a pure GUI with no CORBA (see module LIGHT_SRC of distribution)
           - you can also write a "classical" CORBA module (like GEOM or CALCULATOR_SRC)
           - you finally can write your component in C++, and use hxx2salome generation tool to get the CORBA wrapping (this work provided you restrict your types to a list of compatible types (integral, vector, MED - the complete list is in hxx2salome doc).

          Concerning MED, there is an english document, in draft version, I can provide you  if you need.
          In the french doc, i advise you the "Modèle de donnée" part, chapter 4, which discribes the connectivities conventions graphicaly.

          Best regards,
          Nicolas.

          • Re: creating a new component

            Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at November 10. 2006

            Dear Nicolas,

              Thank you very much for your answer. Regarding that draft of MED module documentation.

            I would very appreciate if you could e-mail that to me to a.andreykiv@tudelft.nl 

            Sincerely yours,

                                                     Andriy Andreykiv

          • Re: creating a new component

            Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at November 10. 2006

            Dear Nicolas,

            Thank you very much for your answer. Regarding that draft english documentation on MED module -  

            I would very appreciate if you could send it to me to a.andreykiv@tudelft.nl

            Sincerely yours,

                                      Andriy

Powered by Ploneboard
Document Actions