Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Debugging: Disable signal handling

Debugging: Disable signal handling

Up to Extension of the platform
  • Debugging: Disable signal handling

Posted by ROBERT Jerome at September 27. 2006
    I am porting a salome module to 3.2.1 and I get a SIGSEGV. I would like to disable the signal handling of Salome to get a core file and be able to debug my module. Is it possible to disable the signal handling without recompiling KERNEL ? If not what is the proper way to debug a Salome module (a part from adding MESSAGE and SCRUTE statements to the code) ?

Jerome
    • Re: Debugging: Disable signal handling

Posted by Erwan ADAM at September 27. 2006
      ROBERT Jerome wrote:
      I am porting a salome module to 3.2.1 and I get a SIGSEGV. I would like to disable the signal handling of Salome to get a core file and be able to debug my module. Is it possible to disable the signal handling without recompiling KERNEL ? If not what is the proper way to debug a Salome module (a part from adding MESSAGE and SCRUTE statements to the code) ?

Jerome

When I want to debug in salome, the usual way I do is to attach the process
      I want to debug to gdb. For instance, if I want to debug gui, I launch runSalome,
      a ps command gives me the pid of SALOME_Session_Server and I run :

gdb SALOME_Session_Server pid

To debug a module (c++ I assume), It depends how you are launching your module,
      if it is from gui, your module is in SALOME_Session_Server process,
      if it is from supervision and you've changed nothing in the boxes, idem
      SALOME_Session_Server

Of course you can launch your component in a different c++ container, but
      I don't think it is your question.

E.A.