Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform New DATA module

New DATA module

Up to Extension of the platform
  • New DATA module

Posted by DAVID Gilles at November 09. 2006
    Hello every one,

The DATA module version 3.2.2 has been released. It is available on the open cascade CVS repository DATA_SRC with tag V3_2_2. This module is now compliant with the new Salome GUI.

NEW : 2 new tools are provided to help using the module (in DATA_SRC/tools directory):
    - An SPML wizard:
    This wizard is proposed in 2 versions : qt3 for linux and qt4 for windows. The wizard helps in the creation of SPML files using a GUI. There are some known issues : currently, it can only reads SPML files which were created with wizard, not the ones created by hand ; there is also a problem of compatibility between SPML wizard files from linux and windows. See README file.

- A DATAGenerator tool:
    This tool is for the creation of Python modules based on the DATA module and  pre-configured with an SPML file. The modules created in this way should be used as modules for the encapsulation of solvers. See README file for more details.

Gilles
    • Re: New DATA module

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at November 14. 2006

Dear David,

Would you be so kind to tell how can I get an access to Open Cascade CVS repository?

Regards,

Andriy

Posted by DAVID Gilles at November 16. 2006
        Hello every one,

As only participants to the project Salome2 can access the CVS bases, I provide another way to get the DATA module : GMail !
        To get the DATA module tarball, follow instructions below:
        - Go to www.gmail.com
        - login : salome.data
        - password : moduledata

Then you will find the DATA module in the mail of the inbox.

Cheers,

Gilles

Posted by DAVID Gilles at November 16. 2006
          Hi again,

I forgot to mention :
          If you use Firefox, get the extension gSpace to directly access to the gmail drive, and thus the DATA tarball.
          (In the security options, the gSpace website must be allowed to install extensions)

Cheers,

Gilles

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at November 21. 2006
            Hi David,

I was just trying to install DATA module. Everything goes fine up to a "make" point. I'm getting an error
            make[1]: *** No rule to make target `DATACatalog.xml.in', needed by `share/salome/resources/data/DATACatalog.xml.in'.  Stop.

Do you have any guess how to overcome this?
            Another one: do I have to do "source KERNEL/bin/salome.csh" and "source env_products.csh" in order for the  new  env.   variables to take effect before the install?

Thanks in advance,
                                                Andriy

Posted by DAVID Gilles at November 21. 2006
              Hi Andriy,

At first, I want to tell that I use sh script, not the csh one. Thus, I didn't make any modification in the env_products.csh files. My environment configuration file is env_products.sh

Usually the make errors come from the  configure.in.base file. Maybe I let a mistake inside. I will look at this problem after my examinig board which is in 3 days.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Gilles

Posted by CBU at February 24. 2007
                Hello David,

I got the same problem like Andriy during compiling of the DATA module. Everything goes fine up to a "make" point. I'm getting an error
                make[1]: *** No rule to make target `DATACatalog.xml.in', needed by `share/salome/resources/data/DATACatalog.xml.in'.  Stop.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this problem?

I would like to combine Salome with Code_Aster. Presently it is only possible to exchange meshes and result files. Do you eventually have an SPML file for Code_Aster?

Thank you very much in advance

CBU

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at May 21. 2007
                  Dear David,

Although I managed to compile and install the DATA module half a year ago, it didn't work properly. Only now I decided to put some efforts   into it.
                  The problem I have is that although I see the DATA module button in Salome (and the Solver button) I don't see other  parts of the  interface, like SPML button and  so on. I can
                  load the example study and I see that it has some physical properties, but as soon as I activate the  DATA module it all dissapairs (the physical property discription). By the way, when I load
                  the data module I see that it tries to automatically load Tuan.smpl file, but it couldn't find it, so I renamed one of the existing spml files into Tuan.spml.
                      Probably something wrong with the instalation of my DATA. The documentation that accompanies the module is written for some old Salome version. Would you be so kind to breafly outline
                  how I can install the DATA module with Salome 3.2.6? Can that be done?

Best regards,
                                        Andriy

Posted by Johan Quintero at September 09. 2008
                    Is it possible to install this module in Salome 3.2.6? because when compiling throws me this error:
                    make [1]: *** No rule to make target `DATACatalog.xml.in ', needed by` share / Salome / resources / data / DATACatalog.xml.in'. Stop.

Posted by Johan Quintero at September 12. 2008
                      Johan Quintero wrote:
                      Is it possible to install this module in Salome 3.2.6? because when compiling throws me this error:
                      make [1]: *** No rule to make target `DATACatalog.xml.in ', needed by` share / Salome / resources / data / DATACatalog.xml.in'. Stop.
                      Hello,

then to find and correct the flaw earlier, now I find this:

+ make resources
                      make[2]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/jquintero/salome_3.2.6/DATA_SRC_3.2/adm_local'
                      cp -rf ../adm_local ..
                      cp: «../adm_local» y «../adm_local» son el mismo fichero
                      make[2]: *** [resources] Error 1
                      make[2]: se sale del directorio `/home/jquintero/salome_3.2.6/DATA_SRC_3.2/adm_local'
                      + exit 1
                      make[1]: *** [resources] Error 1
                      make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/jquintero/salome_3.2.6/DATA_SRC_3.2'
                      make: *** [all] Error 2

I thank you please help me ...
                      excuse my English is not very good

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at September 22. 2008
                        Dear Johan,

Although I managed to compile and install somehow DATA module on Salome 3.2.6, it still doesn't work and, as some of the Salome developers mentioned somewhere on this forum, is not supposed to work. DATA is not maintained by OPEN Cascade anymore. May be it is possible to rebuild it for this SAlome version, but I wouldn't know how.

What I think you can do is either be satisfied with the older Salome 2.2.8, that has DATA module included by default, or, as I was suggested on this forum, try to learn using the new XDATA module, that, as I understand, can be used as a factory for production of something like a new DATA modules.

Best regards,
                                              Andriy

Posted by Site Administrator at May 20. 2009
          DAVID Gilles wrote:
          Hello every one,

As only participants to the project Salome2 can access the CVS bases, I provide another way to get the DATA module : GMail !
          - Go to www.gmail.com

Cheers,

Gilles

Posted by Site Administrator at May 20. 2009
          DAVID Gilles wrote:
          Hello every one,

- Go to www.gmail.com

Cheers,

Gilles

Posted by DAVID Gilles at May 20. 2009
            Hello Salome users,

The last DATA sources can be found on http://groups.google.com/group/salome-data?hl=fr&pli=1
            But this release is only for Salome 3.2.2 since no more development was done on this module since end of 2006.
            Maybe if I time and courage, I'll try to port it to Salome V5...

Regards,
            Gilles