Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Fuse and meshing

Fuse and meshing

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Fuse and meshing

Posted by RJ at February 04. 2013

Tried to find a solution in documentation.

I Create a model in Salome Meca 6: one box (30000x50000x30000),assumed size in mm. In this box I placed a Ø197mm pipe sticking in from one of the sides. So it is not a complex model i Think.

My aim is to simulate a blow out from a steampipe into free air, for this I created a model that shows steam from a pipe blowing into the box. This to create the boundry conditions.

I first created this with 2 meshes (cylinder and box), but this causes problems with exporting the model as a MED file.

I then thought about “fusing” the model to prevent this problem. I then received an error that I can’t perform this action.

My question(s), how do I prevent this message? Is there anyone the can help me with a tip on this matter, or is the difference of the models too large? Is the base model assumed to be in mm or is the dimension just a factor that indicates the size difference if I convert the model to meters the difference in size will be the same. Any tips on the way to model this and perhaps create the simulation.

Re: Fuse and meshing

Posted by RJ at February 05. 2013

Previously RJ wrote:

Tried to find a solution in documentation.

I Create a model in Salome Meca 6: one box (30000x50000x30000),assumed size in mm. In this box I placed a Ø197mm pipe sticking in from one of the sides. So it is not a complex model i Think.

My aim is to simulate a blow out from a steampipe into free air, for this I created a model that shows steam from a pipe blowing into the box. This to create the boundry conditions.

I first created this with 2 meshes (cylinder and box), but this causes problems with exporting the model as a MED file.

I then thought about “fusing” the model to prevent this problem. I then received an error that I can’t perform this action.

My question(s), how do I prevent this message? Is there anyone the can help me with a tip on this matter, or is the difference of the models too large? Is the base model assumed to be in mm or is the dimension just a factor that indicates the size difference if I convert the model to meters the difference in size will be the same. Any tips on the way to model this and perhaps create the simulation.

Reply to myself. I found out on how to create the mesh i needed. By making a compound mesh.

Re: Fuse and meshing

Posted by Saint Michael at February 05. 2013

Hi RJ

I am not a FEA guy, hence I don't understand from you description what geom model and mesh you need. As the geometry you use is simple it should be easy to create a proper model and mesh it, if one understands what is needed.

St.Michael

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.