Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Problem for creating groups in mesh

Problem for creating groups in mesh

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Problem for creating groups in mesh

Posted by lancial at November 21. 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a problem to create some groups in the MESH section. I don't have the geometry, I just import a mesh with cgns, with SALOME 6.5.0. I have a volume named 'Element_chauffant_couche_2'  that has 18 pieces separated: this volume takes in all the pieces. I want to split this volume into 18 smaller volumes.

So I create a geometry which corresponds exactly to the values of each piece, and I put a filter (grouponfilter) to have at the end the name of each volume in my mesh. I have done it one time and i took long time to do it (with windows), so i wrote a python code with this to begin.

The problem is that the writing of the function GroupOnFilter that I put is wrong, the code doesn't want to work... It wants a typ, but i don't know what to write (my mesh is tetra).

Here is included my python code. My problem is between line 251 and 256 (for the first piece).

Moereover, is there a faster way to do this? because when I think it works, the python code takes a long time to run, it is quite strange.

Someone can help me?

Regards,

Nicolas Lancial

Attachments

Re: Problem for creating groups in mesh

Posted by Saint Michael at November 21. 2012

Hi Nicolas

I can't say anything about a long waiting, but a short code creating a group on filter is as follows.

<pre>

ec1 = Base.GroupOnFilter(SMESH.VOLUME,
                         'Element chauffant couche 2',
                         smesh.GetFilter(SMESH.VOLUME, SMESH.FT_BelongToGeom, "=", Box_1) )
</pre>

St.Michael

Posted by lancial at November 24. 2012

Hi St.Michael,

Thanks a lot for your replying. I have tried the way you give me to create a new mesh group, but it doesn't work.

The read of the python code is well done, but the volume 'ec1' is not created  (line 255) when I look into the groups of volumes and i don't know why.

Here is the new python code.

Thans for your help,

Nicolas Lancial

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at November 26. 2012

Hi Nicolas

FT_BelongToGeom filter selects elements whose all nodes lie in the threshold shape. Maybe your Box_1 is too small and none volume is fully inside it?

St.Michael

Posted by lancial at November 26. 2012

Hi St michel,

Thanks again for replying. here is a picture of the "Element chauffant couche 2" mesh. The boxes i create in geometry corresponds exactly to the coordinates of all the submeshes (where the boxes are little greater than the original to be sure taking the good ones). For example, for "ec1" normally the volume is equal to 44180. Do you want I send you my mesh by Dropbox or similar to check?

Nicolas

Attachments

Posted by SMESH expert at November 26. 2012

Do you want I send you my mesh by Dropbox or similar to check?

Yes, I'd like to take a look at your study.

St.Michael

Posted by lancial at November 26. 2012

Can you please give me an e-mail to send?

Cheers,

Nicolas

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.