Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Export error with Salome

Export error with Salome

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Export error with Salome

Posted by Sören Sander at February 19. 2013

Hi everyone, right now I experience a problem with Salome 6.6.0 (newest version). Whenever I try to export a mesh, salome will throw an error (regardless of whether format I choose):

"Mesh export failed. Probably, there is not enough free disk space."

Well, I do have close to 2 TB free disk space... Any ideas, how to solve this problem?

Re: Export error with Salome

Posted by SMESH expert at February 19. 2013

Hello

This error message is issued in case of any problem with mesh export. As this message appears independently of the chosen format, this makes think that there is some problem with your installation as a whole. What is your platform?

It is also interesting to look at the mesh you are exporting. How many elements your mesh contains?
Does the file path contain any non-acsii symbols?

Best regards
Edward

Posted by Sören Sander at February 19. 2013

Thank you.

I guess my installation is wrong, then. I used the universal bins for linux on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS system. Is there any way to see what went wrong with the installation?

P.S.: My mesh contains 130k cells, no non-ascii symbols. It compiled on another computer (same .hdf).

Posted by SMESH expert at February 19. 2013

Do other functions work? Can you e.g. create a box and mesh it? Can you see the mesh you load from your .hdf?

Posted by Nigirim at February 20. 2013

Hello Sören,

I get this error anytime i try to export a mesh to a networkdrive, even if there is more than enough space.

If you are trying to do the same just test it by using your harddrive as exportpath

Greets

Nigirim

Posted by Sören Sander at February 21. 2013

Hello,

yes, I can create a box and mesh it. I can also see my mesh when loading it from my .hdf. However, I cannot export the mesh (any mesh). I do not work on a networkdrive. I tried to reinstall Salome and now the installation also outputs the error, that there is no disk space. Since I installed other Hmm ...

Posted by SMESH expert at February 21. 2013

Could you try to save say a snapshot of the 3D view of mesh, maybe any file operation fails.

Best regards

Edward

Posted by Sören Sander at February 22. 2013

Hello everyone,

thanks to all of you, the problem is solved. I had to reinstall salome. Not I still get an error message about paraview (maybe because my paraview is not up to date?) but th export mesh works!

Thanks again!

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.