Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Failed to activate module geometry ...

Failed to activate module geometry ...

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Failed to activate module geometry ...

Posted by santi at January 20. 2012

Well, I installed salome 6.4 on debian 6.0.3 and I thought that everything was ok, I went out some days and today i came back home.

I have to say that I have not changed any environment variable or any other configuration file.

When I use ./runAppli (in salome_appli_6.4.0) it shows some error messages but the worst thing is that I have the GUI but if i click on the modules an error appears:

-when i click on the geometry module icon it shows "failed to activate module geometry"

-when i click on the mesh icon it shows "fatal error, unknown execption"

-when i click on post-pro "fatal error, failed to activate VISU engine"

-when i click on med , yacs , it does not show any error message.

-when i click on paraview "fatal error, cannot create paravis_gen"

In the shell while the program is starting the terminal shows this message:

runSalome running on maquina

Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 - OK

Searching Naming Service + found in 0.1 seconds 

Searching /Containers/maquina/FactoryServerPy in Naming Service +Error in method stat for file : /home/cristo/salome_appli_6.4.0/CatalogResources.xml no new xml file is parsed
+ found in 1.0 seconds 

Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service   found in 0.0 seconds
Start SALOME, elapsed time :   1.2 seconds

Generic Warning: In /dn40/PRODUCTS/salome/6.x/opt/DEBIAN.6.0.64/6.4.0/ParaView-3.10.1_SRC/VTK/Common/vtkObjectFactory.cxx, line 272
Old Style Factory not loaded.  Shared object has vtkLoad, but is missing vtkGetFactoryCompilerUsed and vtkGetFactoryVersion.  Recompile factory: /home/cristo/salome_6.4.0/PARAVIS_6.4.0/lib/paraview/libTableReaderPlugin.so, and use VTK_FACTORY_INTERFACE_IMPLEMENT macro.

Generic Warning: In /dn40/PRODUCTS/salome/6.x/opt/DEBIAN.6.0.64/6.4.0/ParaView-3.10.1_SRC/VTK/Common/vtkObjectFactory.cxx, line 272
Old Style Factory not loaded.  Shared object has vtkLoad, but is missing vtkGetFactoryCompilerUsed and vtkGetFactoryVersion.  Recompile factory: /home/cristo/salome_6.4.0/PARAVIS_6.4.0/lib/paraview/libScaleVector.so, and use VTK_FACTORY_INTERFACE_IMPLEMENT macro.

Old Style Factory not loaded.  Shared object has vtkLoad, but is missing vtkGetFactoryCompilerUsed and vtkGetFactoryVersion.  Recompile factory: /home/cristo/salome_6.4.0/PARAVIS_6.4.0/lib/paraview/libNavigationMode.so, and use VTK_FACTORY_INTERFACE_IMPLEMENT macro.

Old Style Factory not loaded.  Shared object has vtkLoad, but is missing vtkGetFactoryCompilerUsed and vtkGetFactoryVersion.  Recompile factory: /home/cristo/salome_6.4.0/PARAVIS_6.4.0/lib/paraview/libElevationSurface.so, and use VTK_FACTORY_INTERFACE_IMPLEMENT macro.

Old Style Factory not loaded.  Shared object has vtkLoad, but is missing vtkGetFactoryCompilerUsed and vtkGetFactoryVersion.  Recompile factory: /home/cristo/salome_6.4.0/PARAVIS_6.4.0/lib/paraview/libELNOFilter.so, and use VTK_FACTORY_INTERFACE_IMPLEMENT macro.

Old Style Factory not loaded.  Shared object has vtkLoad, but is missing vtkGetFactoryCompilerUsed and vtkGetFactoryVersion.  Recompile factory: /home/cristo/salome_6.4.0/PARAVIS_6.4.0/lib/paraview/libMedReaderPlugin.so, and use VTK_FACTORY_INTERFACE_IMPLEMENT macro.

Old Style Factory not loaded.  Shared object has vtkLoad, but is missing vtkGetFactoryCompilerUsed and vtkGetFactoryVersion.  Recompile factory: /home/cristo/salome_6.4.0/PARAVIS_6.4.0/lib/paraview/libParaMEDCorbaPlugin.so, and use VTK_FACTORY_INTERFACE_IMPLEMENT macro.

-----------------------------

¿What could I do?¿Any Ideas?.

Re: Failed to activate module geometry ...

Posted by santi at January 20. 2012

I forgot to say that when I finished the installation with the InstallWizard, I clicked on the "launch salome" button, it started and the modules were working properly, so I suppose that I should configurate something to start the software properly, but I read that you should use some files (env.d) but I can't found how should I change that files. ¿How do you do it?.

Posted by Arina at January 23. 2012

Hello, santi!

I try to run salome as you and have the same errors.  In readme file after installation  salome you might read how to run Salome: at 1st  export environment variables (~/salome_6.4.0/KERNEL_6.4.0/salome.sh) and after it in console try to print runSalome.

I use Debian 6.0.4 and it works for me. (I add a line    source ~/salome_6.4.0/KERNEL_6.4.0/salome.sh    in .bashrc and may run salome at any time)

Good luck:)

Posted by Leonardo Medina at February 24. 2012

Hi!!, DO yo Solve your problem about to activate the geometry, mesh .. etc, how??
I install Salome 6.4 and when launch the fist time run perfect, I launch Salome when the installation finished (click Launch Salome) but after I close the application and restart I can't activate the module Geometry and others ( I have exactly your same problem)
Help!!

Posted by santi at February 24. 2012

Hi Leonardo Medina

Well finally a friend helped me, he reinstalled everything and it worked. I think that he used runSalome to install and then to execute the program I use runAppli.

If you want to write runAppli in the console to execute salome you have to add the folder where the program is to the path, so you have to edit the .bashrc file in your home folder (perhaps it is hiden, but you can find it simply with ls -a or ls -al), in this way:

you open the file with gedit as super user and then add at the end of the file this line:

export PATH=$PATH:/home/user/salome/appli_V6_4_0

It is only my example, you don't have to put home user, instead you should put the right direction in your pc.

When my friend installed salome I looked like a stupid because it simply worked the first time he installed it, so I don't know what I did wrong, I can't help you.

But there is an important point, you can have ubuntu 11.10 and salome 6.4 properly working.

I am curious about this problem, I will read your answer to know if you finally can use it without problems.

Good luck.

Posted by santi at February 24. 2012

I forgot to mention that my friend said that the generic warnings were not important, that the program was working properly even if I have that warnings.

Now it works well and I still can see the generic warnings when I launch the programm.

Posted by Leonardo Medina at March 09. 2012

Finally i installed Salome 5.1 and work it!! But i don't know why don't work 6.4

Posted by Marco De Vincenzi at February 27. 2013

Hi. I'm very new to this program: i occured the same error using Salome 6.6.0 on a Ubuntu 12.04 pc, without finding any solution, included what you gave right there.

After the third try installing salome, i gave stand still the final window of the installer, where the button "launch Salome" is still ready. I launched many times, and exited too, and the program works properly.
Note that i launched ever from there, in this try, and it's evidence that i can't start a new install, every time i need to launch Salome.

If i close the installer and run Salome from 

/home/user/salome/salome_appli_V6_6_0

it opens properly in GUI, but at opening geometry module it fail to start and shows the known message "failed to actiate module geometry".

So i red all the readme file showed inside the installer and i noticed about an installing test:

>>>3.3. Testing of installed SALOME platform

So i tested the python's command line "import salome_test", and this is the response:

[quote]

Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Oct 31 2012, 18:54:11)

[GCC 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)] on linux2

type help to get general information on environment

>>> import salome_test

File "<input>", line 1

import salome_test

^

IndentationError: unexpected indent

[/quote]

Can someone answer about that thing? I think it is a clue that carries to the failure summoned above in that topic.

Posted by William Tougeron at February 27. 2013

Hello Marco

On Ubuntu 10.10 I solved this problem thanks to the solution I give here:

http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/864795268#74288942

I didn't test it on the 12.04 version, but it should be also working fine.

Best regards,

William

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.