Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

[windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

[windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at July 02. 2010

Dear Salome users,

A Salome 5.1.4 version for tests on windows is available ...
See the announcement at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/announce

You can now compile salome on windows ... See the howto at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/howto-compile

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

Best regards,
E.A.

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by ZhuQin at July 05. 2010

why these two links could not been connected?  Any help?

 

Previously ADAM Erwan wrote:

Dear Salome users,

A Salome 5.1.4 version for tests on windows is available ...
See the announcement at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/announce

You can now compile salome on windows ... See the howto at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/howto-compile

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

Best regards,
E.A.

 

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by ZhuQin at July 07. 2010

Okay, now I can run Salome on windows, thanks!

Previously ZhuQin wrote:

why these two links could not been connected?  Any help?

 

Previously ADAM Erwan wrote:

Dear Salome users,

A Salome 5.1.4 version for tests on windows is available ...
See the announcement at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/announce

You can now compile salome on windows ... See the howto at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/howto-compile

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

Best regards,
E.A.

 

 

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Cacciatorino at July 07. 2010

 

When in geometry module, I'm unable to pick segments or vertex (for xample when I want to explode some entities from a shape). This problem was already present in 5.1.3

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at July 14. 2010

Hi,

I have a problem launching Salome in Windows.  

I have installed the Visual C++ redistributable, but still I'm getting an error:

 

Setting environment for salome.

Configure parser: Warning : could not find user configuration file

runSalome running on pcpc

Configure parser: Warning : could not find user configuration file

Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 - OK

Searching Naming Service ++++++++++Failed to narrow the root naming context

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "D:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\utils\env_launch.bat\..\..\modules\KERNEL_INSTALL\b

in\salome\runSalome.py", line 617, in useSalome

    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)

  File "D:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\utils\env_launch.bat\..\..\modules\KERNEL_INSTALL\b

in\salome\runSalome.py", line 417, in startSalome

    clt=orbmodule.client(args)

  File "D:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\modules\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\orbmodule.py", li

ne 49, in __init__

    self.initNS(args or {})

  File "D:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\modules\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\orbmodule.py", li

ne 82, in initNS

    sys.exit(1)

SystemExit: 1

--- Error during Salome launch ---

 

Please advise,

                                  Andriy

 

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Bruno NOEL at July 19. 2010

Dear Erwan,

 

I have installed 5.1.4 version on my PC but I am not able to save any geometry file as the following message appear :

 

"Can't save file"C:/Documentum/HOME/MEF/Study1.hdf". possible reason is permission denied or disc full. Try to use another file name"

 

 

Of course my disc is far from full and I have all permissions on the directory ! And the problem is the same with another file name...

 

Here are the messages from the cmd.exe

window :

 

Setting environment for salome.
The system cannot find the path specified.
Configure parser: Warning : could not find user configuration file
runSalome running on FRSW102974
Configure parser: Warning : could not find user configuration file
Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 - OK
Searching Naming Service   found in 0.0 seconds
Searching /Containers/FRSW102974/FactoryServerPy in Naming Service +SALOME_Resou
rcesCatalog_Handler::ProcessMachine : !!! Warning !!! No Name found use Hostname
 for resource: localhost
- Trace C:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\compil\KERNEL\KERNEL_SRC\src\Re
sourcesManager\SALOME_ResourcesCatalog_Handler.cxx [141] : Warning resource FRSW
102974 already added, keep last resource found !
+Warning: this type (dblevec,objref) already exists, it will be ignore+d.
Warning: this type (intvec,objref) already exists, it will be ignored.
Warning: this type (stringvec,objref) already exists, it will be ignored.
 found in 1.5 seconds
Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service   found in 0.0 seconds
Start SALOME, elapsed time :   0.0 seconds
additional external python interpreters:  0
****************************************************************
*    Warning: KERNEL GUI resources are not found.
*    KERNEL GUI will not be available.
****************************************************************
****************************************************************
*    Warning: GUI GUI resources are not found.
*    GUI GUI will not be available.
****************************************************************
****************************************************************
*    Warning: python library for TECHOBJ cannot be found:
*    No module named TECHOBJ
*    No module named TECHOBJGUI
****************************************************************
Can't create HDF file

 

 

 

Waiting for your help to solve this trouble,

Best regards

B.N.

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at July 20. 2010

Previously Bruno NOEL wrote:

Dear Erwan,

"Can't save file"C:/Documentum/HOME/MEF/Study1.hdf". possible reason is permission denied or disc full. Try to use another file name"

Hi Bruno,

 

After debugging that, It seems that salome try to write a temporary file directly into C:\ ... Could you try to open the file utils\env_launch.bat and add the line

 

@SET SALOME_TMP_DIR=%TEMP%

 

at the very end of the file, retry and tell if it works ...

 

Regards, Erwan.

 

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at July 20. 2010

Previously Andriy Andreykiv wrote:

Hi,

    self.initNS(args or {})

  File "D:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\modules\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\orbmodule.py", li

ne 82, in initNS

    sys.exit(1)

SystemExit: 1

--- Error during Salome launch ---

 

Please advise,

                                  Andriy

 

Hi Andriy,

In D:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\utils\tmp\logs\YOUR_NAME_HERE\omniNames_2810, should be two log files. Could you give the entire path which contain these files, the name of these files and their content ?

Thanks, Erwan.

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Bruno NOEL at July 21. 2010

Dear Erwann,

After changing env_launch.bat file as suggested, savings and loadings work perfectly well.

Best regards,

B.N.

 

Previously Erwan ADAM wrote:

Previously Bruno NOEL wrote:

Dear Erwan,

"Can't save file"C:/Documentum/HOME/MEF/Study1.hdf". possible reason is permission denied or disc full. Try to use another file name"

Hi Bruno,

 

After debugging that, It seems that salome try to write a temporary file directly into C:\ ... Could you try to open the file utils\env_launch.bat and add the line

 

@SET SALOME_TMP_DIR=%TEMP%

 

at the very end of the file, retry and tell if it works ...

 

Regards, Erwan.

 

 

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Andriy Andreykiv at July 30. 2010

Dear Erwan,

 

In the directory that you mention (in my case it's d:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\utils\tmp\logs\aa\omniNames_2810\)

there is only one empty log file: omniNameErrors.log 

Best regards,

                            Andriy

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Brandon Dillon at August 06. 2010

Is there any possibility of a x64 windows release?

 

-Brandon

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Peter Baumann at August 15. 2010

Hi,

I've just started using Salome in combination with Elmer and it works quite nicely! Salome is really a great program and I appreciate all your hard work to get it run on windows!

There seems to be a problem with refinement of meshes. I create one partition with two objects, which are touching each other (e.g. two simple boxes next to each other), building two object groups, create a 3d-mesh with Netgen 1D-2D-3D, moderate ... everything works fine so far.

When creating a submesh for refinement of one of the boxes, define the submesh with other parameters (e.g. fine mesh with smaller max-size of the elements), press 'compute mesh', Salome crashes and gives the message 'has no facedecoding: fd.size=0, ind=5'.

Everything works fine, if the two boxes are not touching each other, but as soon as they have a common face, the trouble begins.

Any idea? Am I doing something wrong here?

Cheers,

Peter

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by pierre_j at August 17. 2010

Dear all,

I would like running Salome windows in "runSession" mode as described in the CAELinux wiki here.

Please, could someone tell me if a "runSession.bat" exist or is similar to to the "runSession" script of the Salome Linux version?

The idea behind this manipulation is to run iPython as presented by Pete in this thread:

[quote]

It should work on any salome install. I've tested it on the debian install (on ubuntu) and SalomeMeca.

Once setup:

To install ipython in the salome install, start salome and then open up a console (gnome-terminal) and type: 'runSession easy_install ipython'.

Then to run ipython: 'runSession ipython'. You can then run scripts or program as you wish. You can also connect to the session that you are using and use the GUI by CTRL-L.

Note: to use runSession salome must be running.

[/quote]

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bests,

Pierre

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Jianfeng Zhang at September 04. 2010

Previously Erwan ADAM wrote:

Dear Salome users,

A Salome 5.1.4 version for tests on windows is available ...
See the announcement at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/announce

You can now compile salome on windows ... See the howto at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/howto-compile

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

Best regards,
E.A.

The given links do not work correctly. If there is any other way to obtain the instruction on installation on windows system?

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Jeff Wang at September 05. 2010

Previously Jianfeng Zhang wrote:

Previously Erwan ADAM wrote:

Dear Salome users,

A Salome 5.1.4 version for tests on windows is available ...
See the announcement at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/announce

You can now compile salome on windows ... See the howto at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/howto-compile

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

Best regards,
E.A.

The given links do not work correctly. If there is any other way to obtain the instruction on installation on windows system?

 

Hope this is what you are looking for for, good luck.

howto-compile

You can now compile salome on windows from scratch ...

To achive that, you need to :

o Install 7-zip with http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/7z465.exe

o Choose your compilation mode : debug or release. In the following text, the keyword MODE will means this choice
   and must be replaced each time by debug or release.

o Download the file Qt4_MODE_4.5.3.zip from http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel
   and unzip it in C:\  (CAUTION : It is mandatory to extract it in C:\ and nowhere else !!!) In short C:\ must contain the
   directory Qt4, this one must contain MODE and this one must contain qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.3 ...

o Install Cmake using http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel/tools/cmake-2.6.4-win32-x86.exe
   without modify the default paths for the installation.

o Install Visual studio express 2008 c++ sp1 with http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel/tools/vcsetup.exe
   without modify the default paths for the installation.

o Download the file Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows_MODE_full.zip from http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel
   and unzip it where you want but IN A DIRECTORY WITH A FULL PATH WITHOUT SPACE !

o Download the file Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows_MODE_compil.zip from http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel
   and unzip it in the same directory. It means that you must have a directory named compil at the same level than modules, products, ...

o The compil directory contain the salome sources separated in 12 folders : BLSURFPLUGIN to YACS ...
   Each one of this directory contains a launch_cmake.bat and a launch_vs.bat. You can use them if you
   want to compile a particular part in visual studio environment.

o If you want to compile everything in "batch", you can use the "compile.bat" utility. Open a "cmd" windows,
   go into the directory which contains "compile.bat" and launch "compile.bat [dir1 dir2 ...]". If you want to
   redirect the outputs, you can do "compile.bat [dir1 dir2 ...] > compile.log 2>&1"

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at September 06. 2010

Previously Jeff Wang wrote:

Previously Jianfeng Zhang wrote:

Previously Erwan ADAM wrote:

Dear Salome users,

A Salome 5.1.4 version for tests on windows is available ...
See the announcement at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/announce

You can now compile salome on windows ... See the howto at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/howto-compile

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

Best regards,
E.A.

The given links do not work correctly. If there is any other way to obtain the instruction on installation on windows system?

 

Hope this is what you are looking for for, good luck.

howto-compile

You can now compile salome on windows from scratch ...

To achive that, you need to :

o Install 7-zip with http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/7z465.exe

o Choose your compilation mode : debug or release. In the following text, the keyword MODE will means this choice
   and must be replaced each time by debug or release.

o Download the file Qt4_MODE_4.5.3.zip from http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel
   and unzip it in C:\  (CAUTION : It is mandatory to extract it in C:\ and nowhere else !!!) In short C:\ must contain the
   directory Qt4, this one must contain MODE and this one must contain qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.3 ...

o Install Cmake using http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel/tools/cmake-2.6.4-win32-x86.exe
   without modify the default paths for the installation.

o Install Visual studio express 2008 c++ sp1 with http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel/tools/vcsetup.exe
   without modify the default paths for the installation.

o Download the file Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows_MODE_full.zip from http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel
   and unzip it where you want but IN A DIRECTORY WITH A FULL PATH WITHOUT SPACE !

o Download the file Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows_MODE_compil.zip from http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download/devel
   and unzip it in the same directory. It means that you must have a directory named compil at the same level than modules, products, ...

o The compil directory contain the salome sources separated in 12 folders : BLSURFPLUGIN to YACS ...
   Each one of this directory contains a launch_cmake.bat and a launch_vs.bat. You can use them if you
   want to compile a particular part in visual studio environment.

o If you want to compile everything in "batch", you can use the "compile.bat" utility. Open a "cmd" windows,
   go into the directory which contains "compile.bat" and launch "compile.bat [dir1 dir2 ...]". If you want to
   redirect the outputs, you can do "compile.bat [dir1 dir2 ...] > compile.log 2>&1"

And the announce :

announce

A Salome 5.1.4 version for tests on windows is available ...

 

Before use it, please note that, on the contrary of linux versions,

this one has not been extensively tested and qualified.

You can experience limitations, bugs and even crash (of the

application, not of windows !) ...

 

Some already known problems are described at

http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/salome-windows-errata

 

If you find some reproducibles bugs, feel free to contribute to

this page or submit them to the forum (you can prefix your

subjects with [windows])

 

You can download the file Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows_release_full.zip

at http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download

 

 

To extract it, please use 7zip (or another  tool) but not the native windows

extractor  which is too slow.

 

Then read the README.txt file !

 

Hoping this version will be useful to someone !

 

Every feedback is welcome and will be checked in details.

 

 

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at September 06. 2010

Previously Brandon Dillon wrote:

Is there any possibility of a x64 windows release?

 

-Brandon

Well, with the large amount of work to compile all the products, I must admit that I've not planned for the moment to produce a x64 windows version ... May be someone else but not me for the moment. I've heard the 32 bits versions works on x64 windows platforms with the 32 bits limitations of course. Could you test that an confirm ? Erwan.

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by liujitao at September 07. 2010

How to download this windows version?

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at September 07. 2010

Previously liujitao wrote:

How to download this windows version?

You can download the file Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows_release_full.zip
at http://files.salome-platform.org/cea/adam/salomewindows/download
To extract it, please use 7zip (or another  tool) but not the native windows extractor  which is too slow.
Then read the README.txt file.

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Vyacheslav at September 08. 2010

Is it possible to run salome in parallel mode?

I've got Intel Core 2 Quad processor and it would be great to use all 4 cores.

 

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by vaina at September 29. 2010

I compiled Salome platform on Windows XP and tried to open a project (created with Salome on Ubuntu). I can open the geometry module but not the mesh one.

I attach the output in cmd window.

 

Attachments

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Germán Salazar at October 10. 2010

I have been trying Salome for Windows and reported a couple of problems in two other threads.

In any case, I have another question... is this Windows version of Salome the same thing as Salome-Meca? and if not, does anyone know where can I download Salome-Meca for Windows?  I would like to compare.

 

thanks,

gsal

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at October 14. 2010

Previously Germán Salazar wrote:

I have been trying Salome for Windows and reported a couple of problems in two other threads.

In any case, I have another question... is this Windows version of Salome the same thing as Salome-Meca? and if not, does anyone know where can I download Salome-Meca for Windows?  I would like to compare.

 

thanks,

gsal

Salome is not the same thing than Salome-Meca. As you can see at http://www.code-aster.org/V2/spip.php?article295
the last version of salome-meca contains salome 5.1.4 and other things ... As far as I know, there is no windows version of salome meca.

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 26. 2010

Hi all.
I installed Salome 5.1.4 for windows on my system
- CPU: i7(1.7),  Windows s7 (x64)

I ran the program everything worked fine. But then I began to have some problems.
I tried to recompile some modules (eg GEOM):

1. I deleted the contents of the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ modules \ GEOM_INSTALL.

2. In the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ compil \ GEOM    i run    launch_cmake.bat.  With this tool, I generated the project files under Visual Studio 9 2008. (All generated files are located in C:\Salome5.1.4\release\compil\GEOM\GEOM_BUILD )

3. Next, I ran Project.sln in GEOM_BUILD-folder. Using the Batch Build  in MS Visual C++ Express Edition tried to build the project, but it has led to numerous errors, mainly due to lack of a file GEOM_Gen.hh that was supposed to be generated automatically.

With the module PYHELLO no such problems arose, it was compiled and installed in the correct directory normally. However, When you run SALOME with recompiled PYHELLO attempt to activate the module produces an error:

Failed to activate module PyHello - I've attached a screenshot (see below)


In this regard, I would like to ask whether anyone else encountered similar problems. How to solve them? I really hope that I can help someone. Thank you

Attachments

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 26. 2010

Hi all.
I installed Salome 5.1.4 for windows on my system
- CPU: i7(1.7),  Windows s7 (x64)

I ran the program everything worked fine. But then I began to have some problems.
I tried to recompile some modules (eg GEOM):

1. I deleted the contents of the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ modules \ GEOM_INSTALL.

2. In the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ compil \ GEOM    i run    launch_cmake.bat.  With this tool, I generated the project files under Visual Studio 9 2008. (All generated files are located in C:\Salome5.1.4\release\compil\GEOM\GEOM_BUILD )

3. Next, I ran Project.sln in GEOM_BUILD-folder. Using the Batch Build  in MS Visual C++ Express Edition tried to build the project, but it has led to numerous errors, mainly due to lack of a file GEOM_Gen.hh that was supposed to be generated automatically.

With the module PYHELLO no such problems arose, it was compiled and installed in the correct directory normally. However, When you run SALOME with recompiled PYHELLO attempt to activate the module produces an error:

Failed to activate module PyHello - I've attached a screenshot (see below)


In this regard, I would like to ask whether anyone else encountered similar problems. How to solve them? I really hope that I can help someone. Thank you

Attachments

error compilation

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 26. 2010

Hi all.
I installed Salome 5.1.4 for windows on my system
- CPU: i7(1.7),  Windows s7 (x64)

I ran the program everything worked fine. But then I began to have some problems.
I tried to recompile some modules (eg GEOM):

1. I deleted the contents of the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ modules \ GEOM_INSTALL.

2. In the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ compil \ GEOM    i ran    launch_cmake.bat.  With this tool, I generated the project files under Visual Studio 9 2008. (All generated files are located in C:\Salome5.1.4\release\compil\GEOM\GEOM_BUILD )

3. Next, I ran Project.sln in GEOM_BUILD-folder. Using the Batch Build  in MS Visual C++ Express Edition tried to build the project, but it has led to numerous errors, mainly due to lack of a file GEOM_Gen.hh that was supposed to be generated automatically.

With the module PYHELLO no such problems arose, it was compiled and installed in the correct directory normally. However, When you run SALOME with recompiled PYHELLO attempt to activate the module produces an error:

Failed to activate module PyHello  and in Command line:

ImportError: No module named PYHELLO_ORB - I've attached a screenshot (see below)


In this regard, I would like to ask whether anyone else encountered similar problems. How to solve them? I really hope that I can help someone. Thank you
Attachments

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at November 26. 2010

Previously Vlad Toshi wrote:

Hi all.
I installed Salome 5.1.4 for windows on my system
- CPU: i7(1.7),  Windows s7 (x64)

I ran the program everything worked fine. But then I began to have some problems.
I tried to recompile some modules (eg GEOM):

1. I deleted the contents of the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ modules \ GEOM_INSTALL.

2. In the folder C: \ Salome5.1.4 \ release \ compil \ GEOM    i run    launch_cmake.bat.  With this tool, I generated the project files under Visual Studio 9 2008. (All generated files are located in C:\Salome5.1.4\release\compil\GEOM\GEOM_BUILD )

3. Next, I ran Project.sln in GEOM_BUILD-folder. Using the Batch Build  in MS Visual C++ Express Edition tried to build the project, but it has led to numerous errors, mainly due to lack of a file GEOM_Gen.hh that was supposed to be generated automatically.

With the module PYHELLO no such problems arose, it was compiled and installed in the correct directory normally. However, When you run SALOME with recompiled PYHELLO attempt to activate the module produces an error:

Failed to activate module PyHello - I've attached a screenshot (see below)


In this regard, I would like to ask whether anyone else encountered similar problems. How to solve them? I really hope that I can help someone. Thank you


In the same directory than launch_cmake.bat, there is a launch_vs.bat file.
Could you try to run this script instead of directly open Project.sln ?

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 26. 2010

Previously Erwan ADAM wrote:

....
....
....


In the same directory than launch_cmake.bat, there is a launch_vs.bat file.
Could you try to run this script instead of directly open Project.sln ?

 

Thanks Erwan so quickly answered my question.

Yes of course I tried, but my system did not find the exe file : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe" Project.sln in launch_cmake.bat script. Although all components were installed correctly. Well maybe instead of the French MS VC + +, the proposed site, I installed the English version.

And yet, I decided some of their problems, at least in regard to PYHELLO as follows: I ran the above-described script from the command line, then went into the BUILD-directory (and all the command line) and just wrote a Project.sln  in the command line (opened MS VC + + with this solution) which is then compilled in batch mode. Recompiled the module worked fine, apparently the whole thing was in environment variables are set before running MS VC + + in this script.

However, with recompiling all other modules have the same error:
why it is not a file <
MODULE_NAME>_Gen.hh for batch assembly of the module <MODULE_NAME> in MS VC++ 2008

I did a little experience has changed the name of the module PYHELLO to another, leaving all the previous functionality. Prescribe it as a new module in the script Salome (in ..\utils -directory), edited CMakeList.txt files in souce directory (for CMake-utility), added the changes in themselves the source code and  SALOME catalog - well done all that is needed to create a new module. further tried to compile it, and already at the stage of packet assembly appeared the same error: file not found  <MODULE_NAME>_Gen.hh  Despite the fact that it is the same module PYHELLO, which compiles normally always. (I've attached a screenshotsee below).

If you can manually generate this file by the omniorb-utility and add into <MODULE_NAME>BUILD\idl - directory, then everything works fine. But this method is not suitable for complex modules, such as GEOM



Attachments

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 26. 2010

Module name is PRADIS (to comments and attached file above)

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Erwan ADAM at November 26. 2010

Previously Vlad Toshi wrote:

Previously Erwan ADAM wrote:

....
....
....


In the same directory than launch_cmake.bat, there is a launch_vs.bat file.
Could you try to run this script instead of directly open Project.sln ?

 

Thanks Erwan so quickly answered my question.

Yes of course I tried, but my system did not find the exe file : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe" Project.sln in launch_cmake.bat script. Although all components were installed correctly. Well maybe instead of the French MS VC + +, the proposed site, I installed the English version.

Ooops, I just see now you are on  64 bits ... Indeed, there are some little porting issues.
You have to find VCExpress.exe on your system which should be not so far from
C:\Program Files 64\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE or something like that
and replace the path with this good one.

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.
Powered by Ploneboard
History
Activate by Erwan ADAM on Jul 02, 2010 02:05 PM
Document Actions