Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

[windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Re: [windows] version 5.1.4 for tests on windows available

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 26. 2010

Previously Erwan ADAM wrote:

Ooops, I just see now you are on  64 bits ... Indeed, there are some little porting issues.
You have to find VCExpress.exe on your system which should be not so far from
C:\Program Files 64\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE or something like that
and replace the path with this good one.

Unfortunately I could not find anything even close to resembling this file on my machine. May be the case in the version of MS VC + +?

I searched all over the directory C:\Program Files 64\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\

Posted by Erwan ADAM at November 27. 2010

Previously Vlad Toshi wrote:

Ooops, I just see now you are on  64 bits ... Indeed, there are some little porting issues.
You have to find VCExpress.exe on your system which should be not so far from
C:\Program Files 64\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE or something like that
and replace the path with this good one.

Unfortunately I could not find anything even close to resembling this file on my machine. May be the case in the version of MS VC + +?

I searched all over the directory C:\Program Files 64\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\

Hummm, strange ! I come back to my office monday morning, I will check in my windows 7 64bits virtual box machine.
Sorry for the unconvenience. Regards, Erwan.

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 27. 2010

Hummm, strange ! I come back to my office monday morning, I will check in my windows 7 64bits virtual box machine.

No contrary, I am grateful to you that you are helping me, no unconvenience. I will try to even understand myself until Monday, if the problem is solved, I'll let you know before

Posted by Vlad Toshi at November 27. 2010

Erwan,

Like I said, I have reinstalled MS Visual C++ Express Edition 2008.

Put the French version of the site to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0. At this time the desired EXE-file VCExpress.exe is located in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe .Scripts launch_vs.bat run it without problems after replacing the path.
But it is still not solved the problems with the compilation. An error about missing files <MODULE_NAME>_Gen.hh, as I indicated earlier.
Dear Erwan please could you try to compile any module under MS VC + + and inform me of any progress?

Best Regards Vlad

Posted by Erwan ADAM at November 29. 2010

Previously Vlad Toshi wrote:

Erwan,

Like I said, I have reinstalled MS Visual C++ Express Edition 2008.

Put the French version of the site to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0. At this time the desired EXE-file VCExpress.exe is located in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCExpress.exe .Scripts launch_vs.bat run it without problems after replacing the path.
But it is still not solved the problems with the compilation. An error about missing files <MODULE_NAME>_Gen.hh, as I indicated earlier.
Dear Erwan please could you try to compile any module under MS VC + + and inform me of any progress?

Best Regards Vlad

I followed instructions at
http://sites.google.com/site/wikisalomeplatform/Home/salome-windows/5-1-4/howto-compile
fixed launch_cmake.bat and launch_vs.bat replacing
C:\Program Files\
by
C:\Program Files (x86)\
and GEOM compiles fine on my computer.

Could you retry please ? Erwan.

Posted by yalong.liu at December 29. 2010

hi:

I run salome ,the erro list below.

++++++++++Failed to narrow the root naming context
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\utils\env_launch.bat\..\..\modu
les\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 617, in useSalome
    clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)
  File "E:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\utils\env_launch.bat\..\..\modu
les\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 417, in startSalome
    clt=orbmodule.client(args)
  File "E:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\modules\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salo
me\orbmodule.py", line 49, in __init__
    self.initNS(args or {})
  File "E:\Salome5.1.4_ForTestsOnWindows\release\modules\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salo
me\orbmodule.py", line 82, in initNS
    sys.exit(1)
SystemExit: 1

--- Error during Salome launch ---

Posted by Vani Nico at June 12. 2011

Previously Bruno NOEL wrote:

Dear Erwan,

"Can't save file"C:/Documentum/HOME/MEF/Study1.hdf". possible reason is permission denied or disc full. Try to use another file name"

Hi Bruno,

After debugging that, It seems that salome try to write a temporary file directly into C:\ ... Could you try to open the file utils\env_launch.bat and add the line

@SET SALOME_TMP_DIR=%TEMP%

at the very end of the file, retry and tell if it works ...

Regards, Erwan.

Hi

I have exactly the same problem but even if I add this line in the utils\env_launch.bat.

The file env_launch.bat is like this:

@SET SID=%~f0\..\..
@call "%SID%\utils\environ.bat"
@SET SALOME_TMP_DIR=%TEMP%

But it doesn't work...

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Vani

Posted by tong2402 at June 12. 2011

why these two links could not been connected?  Any help?

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.