Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) cut_boolean_perforated_plate

cut_boolean_perforated_plate

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

cut_boolean_perforated_plate

Posted by Andy H. at April 20. 2012

Hello!

I'm new to the software Salome. I tried to create a perforated plate with about 500 holes.

I did that by first building the plate and then building the 500 cylinders by multitransformation.

The cutOperation works well for let's say 50 cylinders, but never gets to an end for the whole 500.

I'm new to CAD in general, so there might be a better way to build that perforated plate.

Kind regards

Andy

Re: cut_boolean_perforated_plate

Posted by Saint Michael at April 20. 2012

Hello Andy

You should use Partition instead of multiple Cuts. The attached script solves your task.

St.Michael

Attachments

Posted by Andy H. at April 20. 2012

Hello St.Michael,

thanks for the quick answer.

Your scripts works perfectly.

My geometry is a little different. I build the plate and the cylinders, then I made the partition operation.

What is the next step? I read your script and there is that getshapesnearpoint thing. But I don't know how to apply it to my own case.

Andy

Posted by Saint Michael at April 20. 2012

GetShapesNearPoint() is used to retrieve the plate from the compound returned by Partition() and additionally including cylinders. As argument of GetShapesNearPoint(), I used one of points used for initial plate construction. You can use any corner point of your plate.

Alternatively you can use any other method to select  the plate from the compound, e.g. iterate over solids within the compound and choose one having multiple faces.

St.Michael

Posted by Andy H. at April 24. 2012

Hello again!

Had a day off yesterday, so I tried it again this morning.

Now I got it, thank you!

Andy

Posted by Andy H. at April 24. 2012

Now I'm faced with the next problem.

What is the best way to define all the faces that I created with my perforated plate?

So that I can use my geometry/mesh in OpenFoam.

Andy

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.