Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) problem in surface mesh generation

problem in surface mesh generation

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

problem in surface mesh generation

Posted by Alejandro Alvarez at November 04. 2010
Attachments

Re: problem in surface mesh generation

Posted by Alejandro Alvarez at November 04. 2010

Hi, I am new with Salome, and I have a problem.

I imported a archivo .stp from CATIA, and now I need do the mesh, but when I go to do the mesh there are any problem, the mesh computation failed is realised, there are problem in Surface mesh generation in some face.

I tried to repar these errors the 3D in Salome with the option repair in geometry, but the problem is the same.

Someone had similar problem or can give me a solution?

thanks, sorry for my english

Posted by pierre_j at November 05. 2010

Hi Alejandro,

Surfacic mesh generation is usually not straightforward with Salome (hope it will in the future :)).

Nor is the geometry repairing process.

To say it more clearly, it depends of your input data: it will work well with already "simple" geometries, and not so well with more complex ones.

Can you post your file or only the complex part of it (in Catia, extract the area that you think matters), so that maybe some track can be found? I cannot say that your problem can be solved, but it may help identifying it more precisely.

Bests,

Pierre

Posted by Alejandro Alvarez at November 08. 2010

Previously pierre_j wrote:

Hi Alejandro,

Surfacic mesh generation is usually not straightforward with Salome (hope it will in the future :)).

To say it more clearly, it depends of your input data: it will work well with already "simple" geometries, and not so well with more complex ones.

Can you post your file or only the complex part of it (in Catia, extract the area that you think matters), so that maybe some track can be found? I cannot say that your problem can be solved, but it may help identifying it more precisely.

Bests,

Pierre

Previously Alejandro Alvarez wrote:

Hi Alejandro,

Bests,

Pierre

Hi Alejandro,

Bests,

Pierre

Attachments
Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.