Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at December 14. 2009

Dear SALOME users,

CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 5.1.3.
It is a public maintenance release that contains planned major and minor improvements plus bug fixes against SALOME version 5.1.2.

Please visit http://www.salome-platform.org/news for more details.

Regards,
Vadim.

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by claus andersen at December 16. 2009

Exciting! Now if only I had the time to mess around with it :|

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Cacciatorino at December 18. 2009

Downloaded and installed 5.1.3 for Mandriva 2008 64bit: no problem at all!

 

Just one thing: Salome 5.1.3 (as well as 5.1.2) does not remember toolbars positions, even if I mark the checkbox "save/restore last GUI state".

 

This si a little bit annoying because the toolbars appear to be minimizxed and I need to reposition them on the screen to see them maximized.

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Cacciatorino at December 19. 2009

I have found a strange problem in Post-processor:

If I load the same *.resu.med file in 5.12 and in 5.1.3, I see a different behaviour.

 

When I go to impose the range of the sigma to be visualized, 5.12 allow me to define a certain value of the range. Even 5.1.3 permit to me to do it, but if I go to edit the representation, it shows to me a range that is different from the one that I imposed previously.

Example: if I impose to show me the range between 350 and 360, next time it will indicate to me that it is showing the field 3e2-4e2 (300-400).

Anhother problem is that colours are different in the two releases.

Here you can find an image from Salome 5.1.2 where all is ok.

Attachments

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Cacciatorino at December 19. 2009

Here the image from Salome 5.1.3 where things are strange.

Attachments

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at December 21. 2009

Previously Cacciatorino wrote:

I have found a strange problem in Post-processor:

If I load the same *.resu.med file in 5.12 and in 5.1.3, I see a different behaviour.

 

When I go to impose the range of the sigma to be visualized, 5.12 allow me to define a certain value of the range. Even 5.1.3 permit to me to do it, but if I go to edit the representation, it shows to me a range that is different from the one that I imposed previously.

Example: if I impose to show me the range between 350 and 360, next time it will indicate to me that it is showing the field 3e2-4e2 (300-400).

Anhother problem is that colours are different in the two releases.

 

Hello,

Please, try to increase "Floating point precision" value of Post-Pro module's preferences.
To do this, open "Preferences" dialog box (menu File/Preferences), switch to the "Post-Pro" page, switch to the "Representation" tab and set appropriate value of the "Floating point precision".

Regards,
Vadim.

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Cacciatorino at December 21. 2009

Previously Vadim SANDLER wrote:


 

Hello,

Please, try to increase "Floating point precision" value of Post-Pro module's preferences.
To do this, open "Preferences" dialog box (menu File/Preferences), switch to the "Post-Pro" page, switch to the "Representation" tab and set appropriate value of the "Floating point precision".

Regards,
Vadim.

Setting the parameter to "3" fixed the problem.

But what does this parameter mean? Is it ok to set it to "3" for every kind of analisys?

 

Regards.

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at December 21. 2009

Previously Cacciatorino wrote:

Setting the parameter to "3" fixed the problem.

But what does this parameter mean? Is it ok to set it to "3" for every kind of analisys?

 

Surely, now. The value of the requried precision depends on the actual data coming from the MED files. Indeed, the data values can be very large or very small. The "Floating point precision" value controls the threshold for which the values are "cut off". For example, if there are two values 1.456 and 1.451 and the floating point precision is 2, then these two values are considered equal and the corresponding mesh elements are drawn with the same color. But if the precision is 3 or more, the values are considered different and drawn with the different colors according to the scalar bar settings.

Regards,
Vadim.

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at January 18. 2010
Dear SALOME users,

The universal binary packages of SALOME version 5.1.3 for 32bit and 64bit Linux can be now retrieved from the download page of the site. These packages, produced by EDF R&D, are known to work on Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Suse, RHEL, etc ... Please, visit download page for more details.

Regards,
Vadim.

Re: SALOME version 5.1.3 is released!

Posted by Cacciatorino at January 18. 2010

Thank you for the new packaging, Mr.Sandler!

 

Regards.

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.
Powered by Ploneboard
History
Activate by Vadim SANDLER on Dec 14, 2009 04:39 PM
Document Actions