Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Re: Problem for meshing

Re: Problem for meshing

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Posted by lancial at October 11. 2012

Hi,

I'm using Salome-Meca 2012 .1 and I want to mesh a backward-facing step with hexaedrical elements. I have done it two times but with different value for the geometrical dimension.

The first mesh is working but not the second one (see enclosed, named test_marche), whereas i have built the geometry in the same way.

Can you help me to understand why ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nicolas Lancial

Attachments

Posted by SMESH expert at October 12. 2012

Hi Nicolas

Apparently there was a strange bug in SALOME 6.4. If I look at Wire_2, it looks strange (see an attached picture), though it was constructed from a correct set of edges and all checks say that the wire and Face_2 made from it are OK. Probably this weirdness causes failure of meshing.

If I open your study in SALOME 6.5, Wire_2 and Face_2 looks OK and mesh is computed well.

I only can propose installing SALOME 6.5 :(

Best regards
Edward

Attachments

Posted by SMESH expert at October 12. 2012

As a work around you can extrude not a geometry but a 2D mesh to get the same 3D mesh.

Regards
Edward

Posted by lancial at October 12. 2012

Hi Edward,

Thanks for replying, indeed I had the same image, where a strange wire appeared. It was the same for Salome 6.3.1.

I will follow your recommendation.

Regards,

Nicolas Lancial

Posted by Salvatore Scutiero at October 26. 2012

Hi,
I have a problem to mesh this file. I set 3D section "Automatic tetrahedralisation" and in 1D section "Wire discretisation" with Hypotesys automatic lenght and fineness 0.3.When I start the compute and after few seconds the software close it. I can't to upload the file bacause is 730 kbyte. If someone can help me I send it the file by e-mail.

Thanks,

Regards,
Ing. Salvatore Scutiero

Posted by Saint Michael at October 26. 2012

Hi Ing. Salvatore Scutiero

I'd advise to try "NETGEN 1D-2D-3D algorithm" instead of "Automatic tetrahedralisation".

St.Michael

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.