Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) MEDMEM libraries

MEDMEM libraries

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)
  • MEDMEM libraries

Posted by Edoardo Coronado at March 14. 2008
    Hi everyone:

I am trying to compile a script that retrieves mesh information from a MED file, the script includes the header file 'MEDMEM_mesh.hxx', but it shows various errors all related with the file 'MEDMEM_PolyhedronArray.hxx'; the first error says:

MEDMEM_PolyhedronArray.hxx: error: 'med_int' in namespace 'MED_EN' does not name a type

I looked into the file 'MEDMEM_define.hxx' where the namespace 'MED_EN' is defined and i found that the type 'med_int' is defined only if some macros are defined (i.e. SUN4SOL2, PCLINUX, HP9000, etc); C++ is a new language for me, so I do not know what to do next to fix this problem.

I will appreciate any suggestions about this.

Thanks in advance

Edoardo
    • Re: MEDMEM libraries

Posted by Yuliya Shuvaeva at December 13. 2010

Hello.
      Me too have a problem, which is described by Edoardo, but under windows platform.  Please, tell me what I should do to fix this error. I've never worked with Linux and have no idea how to apply your recommendations for windows.
      Thank you in advance,

Yuliya.

Posted by Matvej at March 21. 2008
      Edoardo Coronado wrote:
      Hi everyone:

I am trying to compile a script that retrieves mesh information from a MED file, the script includes the header file 'MEDMEM_mesh.hxx', but it shows various errors all related with the file 'MEDMEM_PolyhedronArray.hxx'; the first error says:

MEDMEM_PolyhedronArray.hxx: error: 'med_int' in namespace 'MED_EN' does not name a type

I looked into the file 'MEDMEM_define.hxx' where the namespace 'MED_EN' is defined and i found that the type 'med_int' is defined only if some macros are defined (i.e. SUN4SOL2, PCLINUX, HP9000, etc); C++ is a new language for me, so I do not know what to do next to fix this problem.

I will appreciate any suggestions about this.

Thanks in advance

Edoardo

When compiling your file, you must specify platform as follows -D[PLATFORM]

for example, when compiling file foo1.cpp with g++ for linux platform, you must enter command:
      prompt>g++ -DPCLINUX foo1.cpp

good luck1

Posted by Edoardo Coronado at March 25. 2008
        When compiling your file, you must specify platform as follows -D[PLATFORM]

for example, when compiling file foo1.cpp with g++ for linux platform, you must enter command:
        prompt>g++ -DPCLINUX foo1.cpp

good luck1

Thank you Matvej, it worked! Edoardo
Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.