Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Extra element structures added during meshing

Extra element structures added during meshing

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)
  • Extra element structures added during meshing

Posted by John Smith at March 23. 2008
    Hi,
    Ive been using CAELinux/pclinuxos/salome 3.2.6 version (smesh), and I get a meshing error and the model picture shows "cancerous growths" of mesh regions that extend beyond normal part boundaries.  Any suggestions about the potential cause?  I have a screen shot to look at if there is a way to attach to a message - though basically its a rising random blob of mesh elements sticking above a flat plane.  Different parts I have run have this "growth" in various areas (and sometimes a part meshes ok).  CAD models are imported step files from Catia V4/V5, using mesh algorithms Tet(netgen)/Triangle(mefisto)/Wire discretisation/segments around vertex.
    • Re: Extra element structures added during meshing

Posted by gunawan at May 20. 2010

Please Help...!

Could You help me to mesh my s'tep file, i was imported from solidwork n autocad

my file is here :  http://www.4shared.com/file/5NdgLrjv/crane_hook_Gunawan.html

I was try to mesh but I got the problem like the model is not solid.

i hope u can help me to mesh my cranhook in step.

thank's before

Gunawan

• Re: Extra element structures added during meshing

Posted by John Smith at March 23. 2008
      The error I get when Mesh computation fails is "Tetrahedronn (Netgen) ... Exception in Ng GenerateVolumeMesh()".
Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.