Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Hexotic again!

Hexotic again!

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)
  • Hexotic again!

Posted by Hans-Peter Pruefer at March 18. 2009
    Hi!

I have been trying to use the hexotic mesher. However, this seems to be not working: There is an error message "sh: hexotic: not found". This is at least amazing. I have further tried to find something related to "hexotic" in the Salome-directory, but it does look like there is neither a binary nor a source containing hexotic.

Google does not help (that is standard). There is only a link to INRIA pointing to a rather general PDF.

Therefore my questions: What about hexotic? Is it existing or non existing? If it is existing, how can I verify/validate/use it?

Anyway, I am feeling sort of fooled ...

Regards,

Hans-Peter
    • Re: Hexotic again!

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at March 18. 2009
      Hi

Hexotic is a commercial mesher, like BLSURF. That's why it is not included in Salome free binaries.

Christophe

THX a lot for this really useful information (no, this is not an ironical remark!). I had a diffuse suspicion about that. Unfortunately I did not discover any hint to the commercial character of hexotic in the Salome announcement (in contrast to blsurf).

BTW, do you know about licensing conditions for hexotic, esp. in a university environment? Contacts? Upto now I don't know anything (besides the INRIA papers) ...

Kind regards,

Hans-Peter

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at March 18. 2009
          The information is hidden in this file:

http://www.salome-platform.org/ex/att/15_prerequisites_414.pdf

I am not aware of any academic license but you may ask Distene for a free trial.

Christophe

The proof is in the pudding ... I should have read the last paragraph. My fault.

So much for the noble steed. [Shrek 1]

Anyway, I am thinking about contacting Distene. Maybe there is some help. I am just curious.

Greetings,
                Hans-Peter
Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.