Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Create face groups in body fitting mesh

Create face groups in body fitting mesh

Up to Install & build

Create face groups in body fitting mesh

Posted by Martin Isack at April 12. 2012

Hello,

I was trying the new body fitting algorithm today. As it is a pure 3D mesher it doesn’t create 2D elements. But I need 2D elements to create boundary conditions on faces. Is it possible to create 2D elements after mesh generation with body fitting?

Regards,

Martin

Re: Create face groups in body fitting mesh

Posted by Saint Michael at April 12. 2012

Hello Martin.

You can create 2D elements using "Create boundary elements" function.

St.Michael

Hello,

thank you for your quick reply. I have these boundary faces now. But how to create groups of them?
My preferred way until now was to create groups in the geometry module and use Create Groups from Geometry in the mesh module. But this doesn’t work anymore when I create boundary faces after meshing.

Best regards,

Martin

Posted by Saint Michael at April 12. 2012

You can create your groups via Create Group dialog using options "Group on filter" or "Standalone group" with usage of filter. Use "Lying on Geom" criterion. But there is a subtle point with threshold shape. For usage of Create Groups from Geometry, the shape should be a sub-shape of the meshed geometry, but in the case of Body fitting it should NOT be a sub-shape of the meshed geometry (it seems to be a bug).

I attached a dump of study where 2 groups are created: 'bnd Group' is created by MakeBoundaryElements() command and 'group' is created by GroupOnFilter() command.

St.Michael

Attachments

Thank you very much! I were not able to create the filter because I were not aware of this bug. 

(I’m sorry, I just realized, that I started thread in the wrong section of this forum.)