Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Compile using binaries dependencies ubuntu 14.04

Compile using binaries dependencies ubuntu 14.04

Up to Install & build

Compile using binaries dependencies ubuntu 14.04

Posted by Kon G at May 24. 2018

Hello,

I am a phd-researcher student at and i am specialized in dealing with general physical and fluid problems using a finite element method. I have been using Salome for over 3 years mainly to construct geometry and mesh computing. Now i want to add a solver completely based on Salome code. So for this reason i want to compile the code but not all the modules, just four of the them, namely KERNEL, GUI, GEOMETRY and SMESH. I follow the partial compilation path in which i run the "./install.sh" script and then i just run the sat tools. The result of this procedure is successful as they are already compiled, so the message of the execution is "...already installed" for all modules. Does anyone know about the procedure i have to follow in order compile these four modules using the binaries files of dependencies?

Thank you very much.

Re: Compile using binaries dependencies ubuntu 14.04

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at May 28. 2018

Hello,

You can either remove the directories of these modules from INSTALL directory, or add the option "--clean_all" to force the build of these modules:

./sat compile SALOME-8.4.0 --clean_all -p KERNEL,GEOM,GUI,SMESH

Christophe

Posted by Kon G at May 30. 2018

Hello Christophe,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both ways, firstly removing the directories from INSTALL folder and secondly compiling the desired modules with -p option as you suggest. In both compilation ways the KERNEL module is compiled correctly and no errors are occurred. Then the compilation of the GUI occurs an error as follows. Consequently, the compilation of the other modules is terminated. The ".log" of the compilation is attached and the errors appeared at the end of the file.

Thank you

G.K.

Attachments

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at May 31. 2018

Hello,

From the error message, it seems that the file X11/Xmu/StdCmap.h is missing. Searching for this file in https://packages.ubuntu.com shows you have to install the package libxmu-headers.

Christophe

Posted by Kon G at May 31. 2018

Hello,

That was the error. Now everything is ok,Thank you very much for your help

G.K.