Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Re: Request help for installing Salome on Windows

Re: Request help for installing Salome on Windows

Up to Install & build

Posted by Joseph Milanese at January 29. 2011

Hi,

I downloaded "Salome5.1.5_ForTestsOnWindows_release_full.zip" to the root directory and unzipped using 7zip.  I ran the batch file and the result was as shown on the attached .jpg, "Salome Unsuccessful install.jpg".  The missing file, SalomeApp.dll, does exist in the installation folder.  The location is:

Salome5.1.5_ForTestsOnWindows\release\modules\GUI_INSTALL\lib\salome

I'm no expert on this sort of thing.  I am very interested in using the repair capabilities of the geometry module to fix problem models for use in other software.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could give some advice on how to get this to install properly.

Sincerely,

JoeM

Attachments

Posted by Fabio Ciancaleoni at March 19. 2012

Sorry to reopen old message but i still have same problem whit version 6.4.0.

I put Salome in this path: C:\Salome

and file searched is in: C:\Salome\MODULES\GUI\lib\salome

I have followed the readme instruction installing it for 32 and 64 bit (im on Win7 64bit)

- To run SALOME you will probably need Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable

Pack to be installed on your computer. If SALOME is not launched, you probably have

no Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable Pack installed.

You can find it in the PRODUCTS\redist directory. The simplest way is to execute

vcredist_x86.exe that will guide you through the installation procedure.

But the error is still:

Can not load application library “SalomeApp.dll” impossibile trovare la procedura specificata.

(impossible find specified procedure)

TY

Posted by millim at May 28. 2012

Hi Fabio,

I had the same issue and have resolved the problem. The story is simple. I had installed opencascade too, which had copied all the TK*.dlls to the Windows system directory. Then Salome gets confused what version to load since Windows/system32 is always the preferred location to look for dll libraries. So I deleted opencascade and all the VK*.dll in the Windows/system32 directory and salome launches again:)

By the way. Encounting similar problems use the DLL Dependency Walker util to identify the loading problem.

regrades

Posted by Daniel Murphy at October 15. 2012

Hi-

I've been getting the same "SalomeApp.dll" error.  I haven't installed opencascade and don't have any VK*.dll or TK*.dll files in system32.

I'll try the Dependency Walker, but has anybody else encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Dan

-Running Windows 7 x64

Posted by Vincent at July 04. 2013

Hello,

I am trying to use Salome 6.6 on Windows through the binary distribution, and I am running into the exact same problem as described above: proceeding as explained in readme, I unzip the whole distribution, then launch run_salome.bat (I have to run it with Administrator privilege as I am using Win 7).

On first run I have to allow access of many processes through the Windows firewall (SALOME_Session_Server.exe, SALOME_LauncherServer.exe, SALOME_ConnectionManagerServer.exe, python.exe and omniNames.exe).

However, the startup splash screen then locks on "Activating desktop..." with an error message 'Can not load application library "SalomApp.dll". The specified procedure could not be found.'

Anyone having a workaround for this ? Or stated slightly differently : anyone having successfully installed and used this binary distribution on Windows 7 64 bit ? I'm starting to doubt it... The described procedure is so straightforward yet so... unsuccessful... :(

Vince

Posted by Jagannath Marati at October 28. 2013

Previously Joseph Milanese wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded "Salome5.1.5_ForTestsOnWindows_release_full.zip" to the root directory and unzipped using 7zip.  I ran the batch file and the result was as shown on the attached .jpg, "Salome Unsuccessful install.jpg".  The missing file, SalomeApp.dll, does exist in the installation folder.  The location is:

I'm no expert on this sort of thing.  I am very interested in using the repair capabilities of the geometry module to fix problem models for use in other software.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could give some advice on how to get this to install properly.

Sincerely,

JoeM

Posted by Frederic Trillaud at November 08. 2013

Previously Jagannath Marati wrote:

Previously Joseph Milanese wrote:

Hi,

Sincerely,

JoeM

Posted by Frederic Trillaud at November 08. 2013

Sorry for the previous blank post, I have the same issue on Win7 64 bit, salome 7.2 (same for v 6.6) does run complaining:

Error: Can not load application library “SalomeApp.dll”

However, it is present in the folder: Modules/GUI/lib/salome

Does someone have any idea?

Best,

Frederic

Posted by Gerardo Rodriguez at April 16. 2014

I have the same issue running Salome 7.3, I tried with both 64 and 32 bit distributions and get exactly the same error.

Is there a way to work around it? is it a problem with the path?

Posted by Gerardo Rodriguez at April 16. 2014

Previously Gerardo Rodriguez wrote:

I have the same issue running Salome 7.3, I tried with both 64 and 32 bit distributions and get exactly the same error.

Is there a way to work around it? is it a problem with the path?

I forgot to mention I'm also running Windows 7 64 bit