Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Compiling example MED MESHING on Windows (Win7)

Compiling example MED MESHING on Windows (Win7)

Up to Install & build

Compiling example MED MESHING on Windows (Win7)

Posted by Thomas PEDOT at June 11. 2012

Dear Salome Developpers,

I try to compile C++ example (VisualC++ 2010) to learn how to use MED library. It compiles but I have exeption errors.

http://docs.salome-platform.org/salome_6_4_0/gui/MED/meshing.html

I installed Salome-6.4.0-win32-dev-release directly. Header directories for  "MEDMEM_Meshing.hxx", "MEDMEM_Group.hxx" and hdf5.h were included and WIN32 is defined in preprocessor (no libgen.h found in WIN32).

When I try to compile, I have warnings like : C4273

c:\salome\salome-6.4.0-win32-dev-release\modules\med\release\med_install\include\salome\MEDMEM_define.hxx(42): warning C4273: 'med_2_3::MEDfieldComputingStepInfo' : liaison DLL incohérente

c:\salome\salome-6.4.0-win32-dev-release\products\med-3.0.4\include\med_proto.h(700) : voir la définition précédente de 'MEDfieldComputingStepInfo'

and C4290 :

c:\salome\salome-6.4.0-win32-dev-release\modules\med\release\med_install\include\salome\MEDMEM_SkyLineArray.hxx(78): warning C4290: Spécification d'exception C++ ignorée sauf pour indiquer qu'une fonction n'est pas __declspec(nothrow)

I used to developpe in Linux and I am not aware of Windows VC++ errors.

Thanks in advance

Re: Compiling example MED MESHING on Windows (Win7)

Posted by Thomas PEDOT at June 11. 2012
So...
It's always when we state the problem that we find the clue. I succeed to compile it with success ! 

So here was my mistake, I try to compile my program with tools Visual C++ 2010. It works with visual 9 tools.
I changed v10 to v9 in configuration>platform tools.

It seems that library was compiled with VC9 ? I miss to know  where I can find informations about compilation of libs on windows VC.