Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build SALOME-7.6.0-WIN32-SDK compile issues in Windows 8

SALOME-7.6.0-WIN32-SDK compile issues in Windows 8

Up to Install & build

SALOME-7.6.0-WIN32-SDK compile issues in Windows 8

Posted by Jeff Wang at October 04. 2015

Hello,

I followed the readme file to generate VS2010 solution files for Kernel module by using generate_one.bat KERNEL, it generated the solutions files and compiled fine. But I did the same for generate_one.bat GUI, I got the following error messages:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:49(MESSAGE)

We absolutely need a Salome KERNEL, please define KERNEL_ROOT_DIR

Where is the KERNEL_ROOT_DIR is defined? Any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Re: SALOME-7.6.0-WIN32-SDK compile issues in Windows 8

Posted by anastasya at October 04. 2015
Hello Jeff,
generate_one.bat KERNEL command only generates projects for Visual Studio. After that you need to build generated solution. For that call open_in_VC10.bat KERNEL and build INSTALL project from Visual Studio IDE.

Posted by Jeff Wang at October 05. 2015

Hello Anastasya,

Thanks for your response. Yes I built the ALL_BUILD project, but forgot to build INSTALL project. After building the INSTALL project, I can run generate_one.bat GUI, it could generate the GUI solution in Visual studio IDE, but there is no INSTALL project with the GUI solution project.

Then I run generate_one.bat GEOM, strangely it resulted in similar errors:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:50(MESSAGE)

We absolutely need a Salome KERNEL, please define KERNEL_ROOT_DIR

I am not sure what is wrong this time. Any advice?

Posted by anastasya at October 05. 2015

Jeff,

In GUI module INSTALL project also should be built.

You can find its location on this snapshot:

For more convenience you can use compile.bat script. For example, command
compile.bat KERNEL GUI
generates projects, builds in batch mode, installs KERNEL module and then does the same for GUI module.

BR, Anastasiya.

Posted by Jeff Wang at October 06. 2015

Thanks again for your answer. Sorry that I missed the INSTALL project from the SalomeGUI solution file. After building the INSTALL project, generate_one.bat GEOM give the same errors in my previous message.

Also I tried  to use compile.bat KERNEL GUI GEOM, the KERNEL and GUI compiled fine, but the GEOM can not generate the solution file, due to the KERNEL_ROOT_DIR reason mentioned above. I attached the screenshot of this below.

Posted by Jeff Wang at October 06. 2015

Sorry, lease ignore my last message. After deleting all the files in the GEOM_BUILD folder and make it empty, and run compile.bat KERNEL GUI GEOM again, the errors disappear and the GEOM module begin to be built.

Thanks,

Jeff