Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome does not work after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10

Salome does not work after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10

Up to Install & build

Salome does not work after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10

Posted by Glauber Batista Marques at November 09. 2011

Hi,

Salome worked normally in Ubuntu 11.04, but after upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 it does not work anymore. The error is:

File "/home/glaubermarques/Salome-V6_3_1_public_32bit/SALOME6/V6_3_1/KERNEL_V6_3_1p1/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 680, in useSalome

clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)

File "/home/glaubermarques/Salome-V6_3_1_public_32bit/SALOME6/V6_3_1/KERNEL_V6_3_1p1/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 505, in startSalome

myServer=NotifyServer(args,modules_root_dir)

File "/home/glaubermarques/Salome-V6_3_1_public_32bit/SALOME6/V6_3_1/KERNEL_V6_3_1p1/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 389, in __init__

myLogName = os.environ["LOGNAME"]

File "/home/glaubermarques/Salome-V6_3_1_public_32bit/SALOME6/V6_3_1/../prerequis/Python-266/lib/python2.6/UserDict.py", line 22, in __getitem__

raise KeyError(key)

KeyError: 'LOGNAME'

I look forward to dear friends. Thanks

Re: Salome does not work after upgrading to ubuntu 11.10

Posted by DAVID Gilles at November 09. 2011

Hello,

Please have a look at this thread: http://salome-platform.fr/forum/forum_9/628940714

Regards,

Gilles

Posted by Glauber Batista Marques at November 21. 2011

Hello, 

thank you Gilles. Sorry for the delay and to have repeated an existing topic, because he was not aware of it. I realize the instructions and then postthe result here.

Glauber.

Posted by Glauber Batista Marques at November 22. 2011

After the changes made ​​by the above instructions salome returned to work properlyAndhere are my thanks to Gilles for your help!

Glauber

Posted by iza ali at November 14. 2012

Hi,

i'm also having doubts on installing salome in my ubuntu 11.10. which salome version would work out ? can some one pls explain in details on how to install it since i'm a newbie here.

btw, i cudnt open the link for the previous thread

thxomuch!

regards

azu