Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Tips and patches to build SALOME in Debian Wheezy with success

Tips and patches to build SALOME in Debian Wheezy with success

Up to Install & build

Tips and patches to build SALOME in Debian Wheezy with success

Posted by Jaime Cervera at January 15. 2013

Hello.

(I'm new in the Forum... ¡Salut!...)

I downloaded the  InstallWizard_6.6.0_Debian_6.0_64bit.tar.gz  to install it in a Wheezy (Debian 7.0) plattform.  

Due to dependencies and g++ upgraded version in Wheezy, there where problems in the compilation... that I succeded to overcome. I adjoin the information of the building process and the  patches to the InstallWizard to the installation of components

I enclose a tar with three files:

1:  InstallWizard_6.6.0_Debian_6.0_64bit.patch

that patched in the InstallWizard_6.6.0_Debian_6.0_64bit directory will alter the config_files and config_files/patches to include those I used (in some config_files/*.sh as well as in the patches added in the directory for several libraries ...)

As I do not know Swig, several patches made to Swig derivatives should be replaced forcing Swig somehow to generate" #include <cstddef>" lines.

2: install-130113-1405.html 

that records the partially successful install whith the GUI-Wizard after the application of the provided patches (the file shows some modules unsuccessfuly built. It shows (little) information about the errors found)

3: Built_in_Debian_7.0_64bit

that shows the complete building procedure of the remaining modules (based on the recommendations in the README file of the Wizard directory), procedure that shows the errors encountered and the steps to solve them.

I hope that could help others

With thanks to the developpers for their efforts and committement whith OpenSource 

Jaime Cervera

Attachments

Re: Tips and patches to build SALOME in Debian Wheezy with success

Posted by Saint Michael at January 15. 2013

I'm new in the Forum... ¡Salut!...

Hello Jaime

You are welcome!

St.Michael

Re: Tips and patches to build SALOME in Debian Wheezy with success

Posted by Jaime Cervera at February 18. 2013

Thanks!:

I've summarized all needs to port the Wizard from Debian 6 (Squeeze) to Debian 5 (Whezy) on the included single patch file (that could be used by developpers to locate minor bugs in the installation Wizard...)

Regards.

Jaime

Attachments