Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build universal binaries for Salome 8.3: fails to run on Ubuntu/Xenial

universal binaries for Salome 8.3: fails to run on Ubuntu/Xenial

Up to Install & build

universal binaries for Salome 8.3: fails to run on Ubuntu/Xenial

Posted by Christophe Trophime at December 13. 2017

Hi, I'm trying to use the latest universal binaries on Ubuntu/Xenial:

"""

user@calcul19:/home/feelpp$ salome

runSalome running on calcul19

INFO:MainThread:Problem loading PortManager file: /tmp/.salome_PortManager.cfg

INFO:PortManager:Problem loading PortManager file: /tmp/.salome_PortManager.cfg

Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 - OK

Searching Naming Service + found in 0.1 seconds 

Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service +++libprotobuf FATAL /home/rd-ap-palmco/salome/edf/V8_3_BR/prerequisites/src/Paraview-v512_EDF-cm362-dox1831-gl2ps139-gr2380-hd1814-xml2290-py2710-qt561/ThirdParty/protobuf/vtkprotobuf/src/google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:62] This program requires version 2.6.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, but the installed version is 2.3.0.  Please update your library.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "/build/mir-O8_xaj/mir-0.26.3+16.04.20170605/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/protobuf/mir_protobuf.pb.cc".)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/salome/appli_V8_3_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 625, in useSalome

clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)

File "/opt/salome/appli_V8_3_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 570, in startSalome

session=clt.waitNSPID("/Kernel/Session",mySessionServ.PID,SALOME.Session)

File "/opt/salome/Salome-V8_3_0-univ-public/modules/KERNEL_V8_3_0/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 174, in waitNSPID

raise RuntimeError, "Process %d for %s not found" % (thePID,theName)

RuntimeError: Process 11474 for /Kernel/Session not found

"""

seems strange as I already have a Salome 8.3.0 running on this system but I've downloaded the binaries a long time ago...

(something like 3 months)

Re: universal binaries for Salome 8.3: fails to run on Ubuntu/Xenial

Posted by s1291 at December 25. 2017

Hello

I had the same problems earlier, I searched a lot about this problem but I couldn't fix it. 

I decided to use other alternatives, so I downloaded (native-based*) package for Linux Ubuntu 16.04 64-bits.

(My Computer is running Ubuntu 17.10)

unzip that tarball.

run salome by executing the command:

./salome

But it requires some libraries (To check the list of dependencies, check the file ub16.4_dep_sys_rpms.txt).
In my case the libgl2ps.so.0 library is missing so I tried to install it using:
sudo apt-get install libgl2ps-dev
(Then I run sudo ldconfig to update ldconfig cache)
but this installs a new version (I think version 1). So I decided to create a symbolic link to this version.
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgl2ps.so.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgl2ps.so.0
./salome
And guess what! it works!