Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome V6.4.0 x86-64bits. Archlinux. doesn't work

Salome V6.4.0 x86-64bits. Archlinux. doesn't work

Up to Install & build

Salome V6.4.0 x86-64bits. Archlinux. doesn't work

Posted by GA at May 28. 2012

I've tryed to install the bin file and I got this error.

$ pacman -Ss glibc
core/glibc 2.15-10 (base) [installed: 2.15-7]

$ ./Salome-V6_4_0-LGPL-x86_64.run -d -v

Salome-V6_4_0-LGPL-x86_64/tools/Libbatch_V1_4_0/include/Batch/Batch_BoolType.hxx
Done
Creating SALOME application in /home/ga/salome/appli_V6_4_0 ...
./create_appli_V6_4_0.sh: line 73: /salome_prerequisites_V6_4_0_appli.sh: Permission denied
sed: can't read /.config_appli_template_V6_4_0.xml: No such file or directory
python: can't open file '/bin/salome/appli_gen.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
./create_appli_V6_4_0.sh: line 115: salome_prerequisites_V6_4_0.sh: No such file or directory
./create_appli_V6_4_0.sh: line 116: salome_modules_V6_4_0.sh: No such file or directory
./create_appli_V6_4_0.sh: line 117: ./salome_post_install.py: No such file or directory
The SALOME application was successfully created.
To run the application:
$ /home/ga/salome/appli_V6_4_0/runAppli

bash: /home/ga/salome/appli_V6_4_0/runAppli: No such file or directory

$ uname -a
Linux myhost 3.2.8-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 27 21:51:46 CET 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Re: Salome V6.4.0 x86-64bits. Archlinux. doesn't work

Posted by Kyp Dick at December 13. 2012

The problem is python scripts "SALOMEDIR=`python -c "import os; print os.path.normpath(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(os.path.realpath('$0'))))" 2>/dev/null`

and salome_post_install.py"

I'm far from solution, yet :)

Posted by Ricardo at December 28. 2012

Hi GA,

Is your archlinux installation updated? If it is so, I think the problem comes from archlinux using python3 as default, which is not compatible with python2.7

The only workaround I've found so far is to delete the symbolic link /usr/bin/python and make a new one that points to /usr/bin/python2

Anyway, you'll have to change it back to point to /usr/bin/python3 when your done using Salome.

There should be a better way, but I have not found any yet.

Posted by Ricardo at December 28. 2012

Hi again,

Looking througth archlinux guide about python, it mentions a workaround that works with less trouble:

It only works if the scripts use #!/usr/bin/env python, which salome does, it won't work with #!/usr/bin/python. This trick relies on env searching for the first corresponding entry in the PATH variable. First create a dummy folder.

$ mkdir ~/bin

Then add a symlink 'python' to python2 in it.

$ ln -s /usr/bin/python2 ~/bin/python

Finally put the new folder at the beginning of your PATH 

$ PATH=~/bin:$PATH ./runAppli

It seems to work great.

Posted by Dave Coventry at February 08. 2013

I've followed Ricardo's instructions on creating the link in ~/bin and edited the ./runApli script file by adding PATH=~/bin:$PATH at the beginning of the file.

As Ricardo says, it does seem to work great.

Thanks Ricardo!

Dave

Posted by Tobi Holzmann at April 07. 2013

Hi all,

in my case its not working: I got the following errors while running the "runAppli.sh" file.

[shor-ty@localhost appli_V6_6_0]$ ./runAppli
runSalome running on localhost
Searching for a free port for naming service:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/shor-ty/salome/appli_V6_6_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 920, in <module>
    clt,args = main()
  File "/home/shor-ty/salome/appli_V6_6_0/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 846, in main
    searchFreePort(args, save_config)
  File "/home/shor-ty/salome/Salome-V6_6_0-LGPL-i686/modules/KERNEL_V6_6_0/bin/salome/searchFreePort.py", line 38, in searchFreePort
    (stdout, stderr) = Popen(['netstat','-an'], stdout=PIPE).communicate()
  File "/home/shor-ty/salome/Salome-V6_6_0-LGPL-i686/prerequisites/Python_266/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/home/shor-ty/salome/Salome-V6_6_0-LGPL-i686/prerequisites/Python_266/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1141, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I set the /bin/python link to python2 and i sucessfully could start Salome-V6_6_0-LGPL-i686.run.

Does anyone know an answer?

Posted by GAUDIN at May 01. 2013

Hi all.

I got the installer to work by modifying a few scripts in the auto installer. Basically, it's just a matter of calling explicitely the right version of python. 

create_appli_V6_6_0.sh becomes http://pastie.org/7745587 and creates an appli.

Then runAplli in the appli directory becomes http://pastie.org/7745595

and getAppliPath.py in the same directory must point to python2 (change the first line to /usr/bin/python2)

Hope you'll find your way through this.

Posted by GAUDIN at May 01. 2013

@Ricardo : keep in mind that your symlink will point to python3 after each python update !

Posted by Ricardo at May 02. 2013

Hi Gaudin, I don't see that happening? Why do you say that?

Posted by GAUDIN at May 14. 2013

Hi Ricardo. The symlink /usr/bin/python is part of python package under arch linux. If you upgrade the package at some point this file will change and point to python3 which is arch's default. If your method stops working after an upgrade just modify the symlink again.

Posted by Ricardo at May 14. 2013

Hi Gaudin, 

I think you are refering to the first workaround I proposed, and you are right.

People should use the second one posted.