Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Up to Install & build

QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Posted by Kanglong Zhang at June 26. 2018

Hello Guys,

Recently, I tried to compile SALOME 8.4 on Debian 8.0. But the compilation terminate at QT-5.

I have already installed all the packages listed in "db8_dep_sys_rpms.txt".

QT 5 just stop at its configuration step and throw an error message in the log file saying:

"ERROR: Feature 'system-freetype' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.freetype && libs.freetype' failed"

Anyone has tried to install SALOME 8.4 and met this error?

Thanks in advance for any possible info.

Re: QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Posted by Kanglong Zhang at June 26. 2018

Previously Kanglong Zhang wrote:

Hello Guys,

Recently, I tried to compile SALOME 8.4 on Debian 8.0. But the compilation terminate at QT-5.

I have already installed all the packages listed in "db8_dep_sys_rpms.txt".

QT 5 just stop at its configuration step and throw an error message in the log file saying:

"ERROR: Feature 'system-freetype' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.freetype && libs.freetype' failed"

Anyone has tried to install SALOME 8.4 and met this error?

Thanks in advance for any possible info.

 

I now find that in the log when QT try to find freetype headers, it says "pkg-config was disabled globally".

But this could be caused by another reason which may lay in much lower level.

 

Re: QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Posted by Kanglong Zhang at June 27. 2018

Previously Kanglong Zhang wrote:

Previously Kanglong Zhang wrote:

Hello Guys,

Recently, I tried to compile SALOME 8.4 on Debian 8.0. But the compilation terminate at QT-5.

I have already installed all the packages listed in "db8_dep_sys_rpms.txt".

QT 5 just stop at its configuration step and throw an error message in the log file saying:

"ERROR: Feature 'system-freetype' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.freetype && libs.freetype' failed"

Anyone has tried to install SALOME 8.4 and met this error?

Thanks in advance for any possible info.

 

I now find that in the log when QT try to find freetype headers, it says "pkg-config was disabled globally".

But this could be caused by another reason which may lay in much lower level.

 

Okay, now I know where is wrong. Normally we should install a lot of 3rd party libraries to compile SALOME. But the tricky thing is though I seems to have installed all of those libs, qt still fails. This is due to a really stupid reason - some inter-compiling files are generated in /SOURCE/qt. When you start a new compilation, either you use --clean_all or not, the inter-files will not be deleted and updated. They just locate in /SOURCE/qt, untouched by the sat tools, and then cause the errors, like 'pkg-config disabled globally'. The trick to avoid those errors is to prepare your qt source again! Because only by this way the inter-compiling files could then be deleted.

This is specially the case for SALOME 8.4.0, kind of stupid. I don't understand why the inter-files could locate in /SOURCE. When I was using SALOME 7.8.0, the file system structure is quite clear. All of the inter-files locate in /BUILD. And when you use --clean_all, all of the inter-files will be removed and re-generated.

Also I have to mention, since I just start to use SALOME 8.4.0, some ideas about it might be wrong or misleading. Any comments are welcome.

 

Re: QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Posted by Kanglong Zhang at June 28. 2018

Previously Kanglong Zhang wrote:

Previously Kanglong Zhang wrote:

Previously Kanglong Zhang wrote:

Hello Guys,

Recently, I tried to compile SALOME 8.4 on Debian 8.0. But the compilation terminate at QT-5.

I have already installed all the packages listed in "db8_dep_sys_rpms.txt".

QT 5 just stop at its configuration step and throw an error message in the log file saying:

"ERROR: Feature 'system-freetype' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.freetype && libs.freetype' failed"

Anyone has tried to install SALOME 8.4 and met this error?

Thanks in advance for any possible info.

 

I now find that in the log when QT try to find freetype headers, it says "pkg-config was disabled globally".

But this could be caused by another reason which may lay in much lower level.

 

Okay, now I know where is wrong. Normally we should install a lot of 3rd party libraries to compile SALOME. But the tricky thing is though I seems to have installed all of those libs, qt still fails. This is due to a really stupid reason - some inter-compiling files are generated in /SOURCE/qt. When you start a new compilation, either you use --clean_all or not, the inter-files will not be deleted and updated. They just locate in /SOURCE/qt, untouched by the sat tools, and then cause the errors, like 'pkg-config disabled globally'. The trick to avoid those errors is to prepare your qt source again! Because only by this way the inter-compiling files could then be deleted.

This is specially the case for SALOME 8.4.0, kind of stupid. I don't understand why the inter-files could locate in /SOURCE. When I was using SALOME 7.8.0, the file system structure is quite clear. All of the inter-files locate in /BUILD. And when you use --clean_all, all of the inter-files will be removed and re-generated.

Also I have to mention, since I just start to use SALOME 8.4.0, some ideas about it might be wrong or misleading. Any comments are welcome.

 

While, I an confused why SALOME 8.4.0 is so huge, around 25 G! SALOME 7.8.0 only occupies 8 G. And I do not see any significant file adding. Anyone could please offer some comments?

 

Re: QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Posted by Kanglong Zhang at June 29. 2018
Now, every products were installed. However, the SALOME console suffers some display problems. I believe that some products are not completely installed or with some important library missing. I think the SALOME developers could not only release the SALOME binaries and source but also give some detailed instruction on how to compile and build it, especially on a fresh site.

Re: QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Posted by Kanglong Zhang at Wednesday 11:59

Now I have a complete list of missing 3rd party compiling-time libs. With those libs correctly installed, people can then compile SALOME smoothly on a fresh site. But the last hurt is Paravis can not work well. I believe this is because of some run-time libs missing.

Re: QT 5 compilation problem in SALOME 8.4.0

Posted by Kanglong Zhang at Wednesday 12:01

IMPORTANT: the compilation was performed on Debian 8 with SALOME 8.4.0.

Powered by Ploneboard
Document Actions