Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Any success with OpenSUSE 11.4 32 bits?

Any success with OpenSUSE 11.4 32 bits?

Up to Install & build

Any success with OpenSUSE 11.4 32 bits?

Posted by Frédéric Lévesque at February 07. 2013

Hi!

I am trying to install Salome in a virtual machine (virtualbox) with OpenSUSE 11.4 32 bits, but still no success... I often get this weird error message: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)

I can't use any newer version of opensuse, otherwise the GNU compilers cannot compile Code Aster.

Someone ever succeeded in ANY way in installing Salomé on this distro?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Any success with OpenSUSE 11.4 32 bits?

Posted by jeanpierreaubry at February 07. 2013

hello

i have never tried to install Salome on an openSuSE 11.4 32 bits as i jumped to 64 bits before that time,

however i must say that Code_Aster compiles ok with version as new as openSuSE 12.2 64 bits, and probably 32 bits as well,

the work around though a little tortuous is explained in several posts on the Code_Aster forum

jean pierre aubry

Posted by DAVID Gilles at February 07. 2013

Hello,

Are there any accents in the installation path of Salome ?

If yes, try to install in a path with no accent (and no space nor exotic characters).

Best regards,

Gilles

Posted by Frédéric Lévesque at February 08. 2013

Hi Gilles!

I think you found the problem! The installation files were saved by default in the Téléchargements folder, and I tried to install Salomé from that folder. I moved everything in /opt, and now things are moving forward. No confrimed success yet, but at least the installation script runs, and the universal binaries also run (with crashes, but at least Salomé starts).

Thank you a lot!

I'll come back with results of my experiments.