Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build failed to rebuild 6.4.0 from sources

failed to rebuild 6.4.0 from sources

Up to Install & build

failed to rebuild 6.4.0 from sources

Posted by Christophe Trophime at February 10. 2012

Hi,

I have tried to rebuild 6.4.0 from sources.

There is a trouble during the configure step of KERNEL:

configure.ac:549: required file `bin/appliskel/env.d/envProducts.sh.in' not found

Indeed there is no such file in the orig tarball.

Is this correct or I miss some steps?

Best

Re: failed to rebuild 6.4.0 from sources

Posted by Christophe Trophime at February 13. 2012

Ok I also tried build_cmake

I am stuck with the default -Werror
with g++ 4.6.1!

/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc: In function ‘bool CreateDatasetFromASCII(HDFcontainerObject*, FILE*)’:
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:504:59: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 4 has type ‘hdf_type*’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:518:58: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 4 has type ‘hdf_byte_order* {aka H5T_order_t*}’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:533:47: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 3 has type ‘hdf_type*’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:588:41: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 3 has type ‘hdf_char* {aka char*}’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc: In function ‘bool CreateAttributeFromASCII(HDFinternalObject*, FILE*)’:
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:639:57: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 4 has type ‘hdf_type*’ [-Werror=format]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

Is there a way to deactivate Werror option in CMakeLists.txt?

Best

Posted by Erwan ADAM at February 14. 2012

Previously Christophe Trophime wrote:

Ok I also tried build_cmake

I am stuck with the default -Werror
with g++ 4.6.1!

/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc: In function ‘bool CreateDatasetFromASCII(HDFcontainerObject*, FILE*)’:
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:504:59: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 4 has type ‘hdf_type*’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:518:58: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 4 has type ‘hdf_byte_order* {aka H5T_order_t*}’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:533:47: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 3 has type ‘hdf_type*’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:588:41: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 3 has type ‘hdf_char* {aka char*}’ [-Werror=format]
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc: In function ‘bool CreateAttributeFromASCII(HDFinternalObject*, FILE*)’:
/home/trophime/salome-6.4.0/KERNEL_SRC_6.4.0/src/HDFPersist/HDFascii.cc:639:57: erreur: format ‘%i’ expects argument of type ‘int*’, but argument 4 has type ‘hdf_type*’ [-Werror=format]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

Is there a way to deactivate Werror option in CMakeLists.txt?

Best

To desactivate -Werror with cmake, you can use the variables :

ACCEPT_SALOME_WARNINGS
ACCEPT_${MODULE}_WARNINGS
I_AM_A_TROLL_I_DO_NOT_FIX_${MODULE}_WARNINGS

If set to 0, Werror is activate, if set to 1, Werror is disable ...

For instance if you set:

ACCEPT_SALOME_WARNINGS=1
ACCEPT_KERNEL_WARNINGS=0

KERNEL is compiled with Werror and the other ones without.

E.A.

Posted by Christophe Trophime at February 28. 2012

Thanks now Kernel compiles

Now I will go on with the other "modules". I have seen that for some of them there is no build_cmake?

Could you breifly explain how to recompile all the modules (I wish to update the debian package)?

Thanks for your help and hints

Best

C