Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build compilation of JOBMANAGER: error in BL_JobsManager_QT_moc.cxx

compilation of JOBMANAGER: error in BL_JobsManager_QT_moc.cxx

Up to Install & build

compilation of JOBMANAGER: error in BL_JobsManager_QT_moc.cxx

Posted by Dmitry Samarkanov at February 05. 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the JOBMANAGER module using the SALOME 6.6.0 sources. I created 4 environment variables (KERNEL_BIN_DIR, KERNEL_ROOT_DIR and GUI_ROOT_DIR, GUI_BIN_DIR) which point out on the <SALOME 6.6.0 sources directories>. Apparently I don't have any problems while configuring:

$ ./configure --prefix=<jobmanager_install_dir>

Mandatory products:

Qt4 (graphic interface)  : yes

OmniOrb (CORBA) ........ : yes

Boost           ........ : yes

SALOME KERNEL .......... : yes

SALOME GUI ............. : yes

However:

$ make

Gives me the following:

<...>

BL_JobsManager_QT_moc.cxx: In static member function 'static void BL::JobsManager_QT::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)':

BL_JobsManager_QT_moc.cxx:67:62: error: cannot convert from base 'QObject' to derived type 'BL::JobsManager_QT' via virtual base 'QDockWidget'

make[3]: *** [libBL_GenericGui_la-BL_JobsManager_QT_moc.lo] Error 1

Is it normal? What have I done incorrectly?

Thank you,

Dmitry

Re: compilation of JOBMANAGER: error in BL_JobsManager_QT_moc.cxx

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at February 05. 2013

Hello Dmitry,

It seems that you try to use Qt 4.8, right?

Currently SALOME is not 100% compatible with Qt 4.8. One of the reasons is that virtual inheritance from QObject is prohibited in Qt 4.8.

Also, you have to build KERNEL and GUI modules before JOBMANAGER as JOBMANAGER depends on KERNEL and GUI.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by Dmitry Samarkanov at February 05. 2013

Hello Vadim,

Thank you, indeed the version of Qt is 4.8.3. OK good.

> Also, you have to build KERNEL and GUI modules before JOBMANAGER as JOBMANAGER depends on KERNEL and GUI.

Is it possible to use the pre-built KERNEL and GUI modules which placed in <my_salome_binaries_dir>/Salome-V6_6_0-LGPL-x86_64/modules/? I downloaded them http://salome-platform.org/downloads/current-version#Universal_binaries_for_Linux ? Or I must to rebuild them.

Regards,

Dmitry.

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at February 05. 2013

Hello Dmitry,

Normally you should be able to build JOBMANAGER with pre-installed binaries of the products and other SALOME modules. But you should use the same working environment as SALOME itself (e.g. products). Though, I have to say that this way was never tested - universal binaries are mainly aimed to run SALOME, not to build it.

Please try to follow the workflow defined in SALOME documentation: http://docs.salome-platform.org/salome_6_6_0/gui/KERNEL/INSTALL.html .

Regards,
Vadim.