Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Mesh not visible

Mesh not visible

Up to Install & build

Mesh not visible

Posted by Jakub at February 25. 2018

Hi everyone! Just started to work with SALOME - and I am super excited to learn the system.

I operate on Ubuntu 14.04 and I have downloaded and run salome. The geometry module works fine but when I want to mesh it I cannot see anything on the display - the display is black.

The terminal shows an error

Can't compile vertex shader.
0:1(10): error: GLSL 3.30 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

I google the problem and it seems that I have some compatibility problems of OpenGL but there are no information how to fix it.

Have anyone had this problem?

Re: Mesh not visible

Posted by Jakub at February 28. 2018

Ok folks - If someone will have the same issue - switch to SALOME 8.3.0 ...

or change graphic card divers / graphic card so it would be compatibilewith OpenGL 3.30

It took me 1 day to figure that out - hopeI will give a gift of time to someone ;)

Posted by Christophe Trophime at March 02. 2018

Hi,

out of curiosity which version of Salome were you using when having the issue with the mesh?
Which binary did you download and use?

Best 

Posted by Orçun KOZAKA at March 05. 2018

Hi all,

I am having the same problem with the mesh module too. Error message from the terminal is:

0:1(10): error: GLSL 3.30 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

Salome and OS info:

Salome version: 8.4.0

Binary tarball :

SALOME-8.4.0-CO7-SRC.tar

Operating system: CentOS 7.4 - 3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64

Posted by Jens F. Acker at March 21. 2018

I have the same problem with version 8.4.0 on CentOS 6.9. The moment I try to start the geometry module I get a message box with:

SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address 0

and on the command line the error message:

0:1(10): error: GLSL 3.30 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, and 1.20

But version 8.3.0 worked.

I am accessing a shared Linux server with ThinLink 4.8.1.

Is there a command line switch to disable shaders or use software rendering?

Posted by Jens F. Acker at March 21. 2018

Could it be, that the MESH module of the different binaries was not compiled against the Mesa library? 

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at March 23. 2018

Hi,

OCC view and VTK view have switched to API 3 of OpenGL. This provides better performance, but the counterpart is that is does not work on old graphic cards or with ssh remote display.

An alternative is to build mesa with llvm and gallium to get software rendering with good performance.

You have to build llvm and mesa with the right options to get a libGL.so that will be used by Salome at runtime. There is no need to rebuild Salome.

With this software rendering enabled, remote display with ssh works but is very slow. Using an accelerated remote desktop server/viewer like x2go, turbovnc or tigervnc gives good performance.

You can find attached the insctructions to build and use mesa. Choose the one that suits best to your OS. Old OS need to use old llvm and old mesa because of old zlib.

Christophe

Attachments

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at March 23. 2018

Instructions for Debian 8.

Attachments

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at March 24. 2018

If you get a transparent backgound in OCC or VTK view, you can add this environment variable before launching Salome:

XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1

Posted by Christophe Trophime at April 04. 2018

Hi Christophe,

you wrote: " the counterpart is that is does not work on old graphic cards or with ssh remote display."

out of curiosity why is remote display via ssh no longer working when using OPENGL API 3?