Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome on Windows 10 Pro

Salome on Windows 10 Pro

Up to Install & build

Salome on Windows 10 Pro

Posted by tan chun khai at September 14. 2017

Hi,

I`m trying to use Salome 8.3 on my Windows 10 pro. 

When i`m trying to run the software by double click on "run_salome", command prompt box appears for a short while then disappear. Nothing happens afterward. 

README file stated that SALOME needs Microsoft Visual Studio 2010(x64) with service pack 1 + SDK v7.0A to run. But when i`m trying to install  Microsoft Visual Studio 2010(x64) , Windows says that it unable to install. I suspect Microsoft Visual Studio 2010(x64) is not compatible on Windows 10 Pro. 

May i know what is the issue and how can i get my SALOME runs. 

Thanks. 

Tan

Re: Salome on Windows 10 Pro

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at September 14. 2017

In fact, in order to be able to run SALOME on Windows, it should be enough to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x64) Redistributable Package:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Posted by tan chun khai at September 19. 2017

Hi Vadin

I tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x64) Redistributable Package: via the given link but failed. Seem like the version is not compatible. I have attached the error message,

Then i tried again with Visual studio 2017 (x64) by installing full package. Yet, Salome 8.3 still unable to run. 

Can you please advise so further step?

Thanks. 

Attachments

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at September 19. 2017

Do you have 32bit or 64bit Windows?

Posted by tan chun khai at September 20. 2017

Hi Vadin,

I`m using 64 bits Windows 10 pro. 

Posted by Lessandro at September 20. 2017

Hi tan chun khai,

I've successfully installed and ran Salome 8.3.0 on my Windows 10 Pro X64 yesterday.

Before Salome I've installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x64) Redistributable Package by link given by Vadim. It was correctly installed too.

Could you post here the path to Salome installation directory on your hard drive, for instance, C:\akl\SALOME-8.3.0-WIN64

Note: path to installation should be as much shorter as possible. The best choice is root directory on any hard drive.

Posted by tan chun khai at September 20. 2017

Hi Lessandro,

I was strange that you managed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x64) Redistributable Package. I got the error message as attached. 

Here is my directory, F:\Users\tan\Desktop\CFD\Salome\SALOME-8.3.0-WIN64

Attachments

Posted by Christophe Trophime at October 12. 2017

An alternative way to install Salome on Windows 10 is "Bash on linux".

Just install bash on linux with creator update

Add an X11 server (I recommend the one from Mobaterm)

Download Salome Universal binary

Start  bash (update Ubuntu: sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade) , untar the salome archive, start MobaTerm or you favorite X11server

and it should work ;)

If you ever encounter some troubles, I suggest to try deactivate your antivirus and restart.

You'd better have an up to date  Windows 10