Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Compilation on Slackware 10.1

Compilation on Slackware 10.1

Up to Install & build
  • Compilation on Slackware 10.1

Posted by Wolfgang Pichl at November 28. 2006
    Hi,
    I've just downloaded the Salome-3.2.2 source and try to compile on Slackware-10.1
    There were a few problems with the build environment and third-party components, but it seems, I have settled them. Now, during compilation of the kernel component, I get the following error:

../../../src/GenericObj/SALOME_GenericObj_i.cc:45: error: 'struct
       PortableServer::RefCountServantBase' has no member named '_default_POA'
       make[2]: *** [libSalomeGenericObj_la-SALOME_GenericObj_i.lo] Error 1
       make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/salome3.2.2_SRC/KERNEL_SRC_3.2.2/b
    uild/src/GenericObj'
       make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
       make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/salome3.2.2_SRC/KERNEL_SRC_3.2.2/b
    uild/src'
       make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This looks like a bug in the code, or perhaps a compiler bug, rather than a problem in the build environment. I am using gcc-3.3.4
    Can anybody help me, how to proceed now?

many thanks in advance
    Wolfgang Pichl
    • Re: Compilation on Slackware 10.1

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 29. 2006
      Hello Wolfgang,

What omniORB do you use to build SALOME?

Regards,
      Vadim.

Posted by Wolfgang Pichl at November 29. 2006
        Hello,
        I have omniORB-4.1.0, compiled from source on my box.

best regards
        Wolfgang

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 30. 2006
          Hello Wolfgang,

The pre-requisite for SALOME is omniORB 4.0.x (4.0.5 is lowest version).
          GenericObj interface is implemented as successor of the omniORB's RefCountServantBase class (which supports reference counting).
          In omniORB 4.1 RefCountServantBase class is declared as obsolete and defined empty. It is replaced by ValueRefCountBase class.
          Thus, SALOME does not support omniORB 4.1. You have to either use omniORB 4.0.x or port SALOME to omniORB 4.1 by yourself.

Regards,
          Vadim.

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at November 30. 2006
            Sorry for the mistake in the previous post. As it is described in the omniORB 4.1 documentation (Use's GUIDE, 'C++ language mapping/omniORB 4.0 compatibility' section) the reference counting functionality of RefCountServantBase class is moved to the class ServantBase.

Regards,
            Vadim.

Posted by Wolfgang Pichl at November 30. 2006
              Hello,
              many thanks for that detailed explanation. I'll downgrade to Omniorb 4.0.7 and try again.
              Obviously I'll have to check more carefully the version numbers in the dependencies list. Some of the required packages were already installed on my system (vtk, OpenCascade, boost), all the others I have downloaded and compiled from the latest stable release two nights ago.

thanks and best regards
              Wolfgang