Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build error install salome 3.2.2

error install salome 3.2.2

Up to Install & build
  • error install salome 3.2.2

Posted by m.thomas at January 24. 2007

Hello,

I have downloaded Salome3.2.2_M2006 (I use Linux Mandriva 2006) and I would like to install this application. I have a problem with the executable file "SALOME_InstallWizard". When I try to launch this executable, Ive got an error message : "Can't open config file : config.xml".

I have never used Linux before, I don't know how it works. Could you explain me clearly what I have to do.

Thank you very much.

• Re: error install salome 3.2.2

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at January 25. 2007
      Hello,

To run SALOME Installation Wizard, you should use runInstall script in its root directory. Don't try to run SALOME_InstallWizard binary directly.

Try runInstall --help for learn more about options.

Regards,
      Vadim.

Posted by m.thomas at January 25. 2007

Hi,

Ok thank you, I have succeed to launch the executable but now when I must put the target directory, I have another problem. My target directory by default is /home/myname/salome3.2.2, but when I continue, I obtain a warning message : "The directory /home/myname/Products/Binaries/Mandriva2006.0 doesn't exist. This directory must contain binaries archives".

Could you explain me what does it mean and what I must to do, please. Even if I choose salome source, I obtain the same message.

Thank you for your answers.

Posted by pichon at January 25. 2007

Hi,

You could try to put all installation files in the tardet directory.

i.e. install SALOME into the dirrectory of the downloaded salome package

I suppose that they are not there ?

Good luck

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at January 26. 2007
            Hello,

This is very strange behavior. Could you please provide more detail description of this bug to analyze and solve the problem:
            * from what directory do you call runInstall script?
            * how do you call runInstall script (please provide the command line)?
            * what shell do you use (csh, bash, another one)?
            * what is PATH environment variable value before you call runInstall script?

Regards,
            Vadim.

Posted by Nandita Dash at June 07. 2007
               Hi

Have u untar the ..........tar.gz file you  downloaded ? If no then first type this command  in the Terminal window to untar the file :
                ##      tar -xvzf  file_name[...... .tar.gz]
               now type command  
                  ## ls
                Is there some runInstall file ?

Now type command 
                 ##   . / run Install    -you can see a GUI interface and then proceed