Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Ubunut 6.10 and gcc

Ubunut 6.10 and gcc

Up to Install & build
  • Ubunut 6.10 and gcc

Posted by Stefano Dalla Costa at February 02. 2007
    Hi!
        I'm trying to install OpenSalome on Ubuntu 6.10, starting from the complete version of O.S. for Debian Sarge. When I launch the installation, using "config.xml" the error message is the following:

"You don't have native gcc-4.1.2 on your computer ..."

Obviously, gcc compiler is installed; I've modified the configuration files "config.xml" and "gcc-4.1.2.sh" without any positive result.
    How to proceed ?

Thanking to everybody.
    • Re: Ubunut 6.10 and gcc

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at February 05. 2007
      Hi

Have you installed all the packages needed to compile? To check it, run:

sudo apt-get install build-essential

Christophe

Posted by Stefano Dalla Costa at February 07. 2007
        Christophe Bourcier wrote:
        Hi

Christophe

Thanks, Christophe for your support. I've installed the "build-essential" package but, unfortunately, Open Salome doesn't work yet and the message is always the same: "Error, you do not have installed gcc 4.1.2 compiler ..."
        Which could be the next step? To install OS starting from sources?

Stefano

Posted by Stefano Dalla Costa at February 09. 2007
          Stefano Dalla Costa wrote:
          Christophe Bourcier wrote:
          Hi

Christophe

Thanks, Christophe for your support. I've installed the "build-essential" package but, unfortunately, Open Salome doesn't work yet and the message is always the same: "Error, you do not have installed gcc 4.1.2 compiler ..."
          Which could be the next step? To install OS starting from sources?

Stefano

Hi! The actual status of OS installation seems pretty good! I changed distro (Scientific Linux 4.4) and the setup is ok. Unfortunately, when I launch "runSalome" this is the message: Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 2811 2812 - Ok Configure parser: processing /home/stefano/salome_3.2.2/GUI_3.2.2/share/salome/resources/gui/SalomeApp.xml ... Configure parser: Warning : could not find user configuration file GEOM OCAF Resources GEOM Shape Healing Resources startSalome {u'portkill': 0, 'pyscript': [], u'file': 0, u'embedded': [u'SalomeAppEngine', u'study', u'cppContainer', u'registry', u'moduleCatalog'], u'killall': 0, 'appname': 'SalomeApp', u'modules': [u'GEOM', u'SMESH', u'VISU', u'SUPERV', u'MED', u'COMPONENT', u'PYCALCULATOR'], u'gui': 1, u'xterm': 0, u'interp': 0, u'pyModules': u'', 'port': 2812, u'splash': 1, u'SMESH_plugins': [u'NETGENPlugin', u'GHS3DPlugin'], u'key': [u'no'], 'plugins': [], 'containers': [], u'logger': 0, u'noexcepthandler': 0, u'standalone': [u'pyContainer', u'supervContainer', 'superv']} Lancement du Naming Service runNS.sh > /tmp/logs/stefano/salomeNS.log 2>&1 Searching Naming Service ++++++++++Failed to narrow the root naming context Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/stefano/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 780, in useSalome clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir) File "/home/stefano/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 606, in startSalome clt=orbmodule.client() File "/home/stefano/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 60, in __init__ self.initNS() File "/home/stefano/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 93, in initNS sys.exit(1) SystemExit: 1 --- erreur au lancement Salome --- Saving of the dictionary of Salome processes in /home/stefano/stefano_dhcppc2_2812_SALOME_pidict To kill SALOME processes from a console (kill all sessions from all ports): python killSalome.py To kill SALOME from the present interpreter, if it is not closed : killLocalPort() --> kill this session (use CORBA port from args of runSalome) givenPortKill(port) --> kill a specific session with given CORBA port killAllPorts() --> kill all sessions runSalome, with --killall option, starts with killing the processes resulting from the previous execution. Is there someone able to help me? Thanks, Stefano

Posted by wernher at May 24. 2007
            Hey Stefano Did you ever figure out what the problem was or find a workaround. Im getting exactly the same errors on opensuse 10.3a4 greets Wernher