Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Error starting Salome

Error starting Salome

Up to Install & build
  • Error starting Salome

Posted by Roberto Am at February 19. 2007
    Hello I use found a strange error launching salome on a laptop latitude d820. Sometimes it runs regularly, sometimes it reports the error attached, with nothing apparently changed. (most times the error occour). I use Debian etch, note that I use the same distribution with software installed on other 2 pc and 1 laptop with no problem. I tryed both 3.2.1 than 3.2.2 with same results. On the pc I have a wireless integrated card thet works with ipw3945, the module gives me problems anyway. I tried to remove, even uninstall the module with nothing changed, anyway I want to evidence this. Following the shell output. Thanks Roberto Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 2811 - Ok Configure parser: processing /home/spm/salome_3.2.2/GUI_3.2.2/share/salome/resources/gui/SalomeApp.xml ... Configure parser: processing /home/spm/.SalomeApprc.3.2.2 ... GEOM OCAF Resources GEOM Shape Healing Resources startSalome {u'portkill': 0, 'pyscript': [], u'file': 0, u'embedded': [u'SalomeAppEngine', u'study', u'cppContainer', u'registry', u'moduleCatalog'], u'killall': 0, 'appname': 'SalomeApp', u'modules': [u'GEOM', u'SMESH', u'VISU', u'SUPERV', u'MED', u'COMPONENT', u'PYCALCULATOR'], u'gui': 1, u'xterm': 0, u'interp': 0, u'pyModules': u'', 'port': 2811, u'splash': 1, u'SMESH_plugins': [u'NETGENPlugin', u'GHS3DPlugin'], u'key': [u'no'], 'plugins': [], 'containers': [], u'logger': 0, u'noexcepthandler': 0, u'standalone': [u'pyContainer', u'supervContainer', 'superv']} Lancement du Naming Service runNS.sh > /tmp/logs/spm/salomeNS.log 2>&1 Searching Naming Service ++++++++++Failed to narrow the root naming context Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/spm/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 780, in useSalome clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir) File "/home/spm/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 606, in startSalome clt=orbmodule.client() File "/home/spm/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 60, in __init__ self.initNS() File "/home/spm/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 93, in initNS sys.exit(1) SystemExit: 1 --- erreur au lancement Salome --- Saving of the dictionary of Salome processes in /home/spm/spm_spm_2811_SALOME_pidict To kill SALOME processes from a console (kill all sessions from all ports): python killSalome.py To kill SALOME from the present interpreter, if it is not closed : killLocalPort() --> kill this session (use CORBA port from args of runSalome) givenPortKill(port) --> kill a specific session with given CORBA port killAllPorts() --> kill all sessions runSalome, with --killall option, starts with killing the processes resulting from the previous execution.
    • Re: Error starting Salome

Posted by Roberto Am at February 21. 2007
      Hello

I've solved the problem installing again 3.2.1 and using original-awk as awk. (maybe 3.2.2 has a bug?)
      In this way it's possible to use original salome.sh, without any changing and everything works.

To choose between awk version installed you can do
      #update-alternatives --configure awk

Roberto