Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Instalation -libSMESH.so

Instalation -libSMESH.so

Up to Install & build
  • Instalation -libSMESH.so

Posted by Barry W. Roff at February 20. 2007

When I try to launch MESH I get the following error message.

Can not load library libSMESH.so /home/barry/salome-3.2.2/med-                           2.2.3/lib/libmed.so.1 undefined symbol-gfortran_filename

I am using mandriva 2007.

Barry

• Re: Instalation -libSMESH.so

Posted by ZIBOUCHE Kamel at February 21. 2007
      Hi Barry,
      It's because the libgfortran versions are diffrents in Mandriva 2006 and 2007. In M2006 it's libgfortran.so.0.0.0 and in M2007 is libgfortran.so.0.0.1 (i think). You should copy the first one from an M2006 installation, put it in you /usr/lib and change the symblic link libgfortran.so.0 ->libgfortran.so.0.0.1 to libgfortran.so .0->libgfortran.so.0.0.0.
      If you only use Salome it will work. But if you would like to recompile some modules, you'll  have many errors  because the  upper version of gcc in M2007 implies some  code modifications. In this case you'd better install M2006.

Please let me know if you succeed.

Kamel

Posted by simon tyler at March 20. 2007
        ZIBOUCHE Kamel wrote:
        Hi Barry,
        It's because the libgfortran versions are diffrents in Mandriva 2006 and 2007. In M2006 it's libgfortran.so.0.0.0 and in M2007 is libgfortran.so.0.0.1 (i think). You should copy the first one from an M2006 installation, put it in you /usr/lib and change the symblic link libgfortran.so.0 ->libgfortran.so.0.0.1 to libgfortran.so .0->libgfortran.so.0.0.0.
        If you only use Salome it will work. But if you would like to recompile some modules, you'll  have many errors  because the  upper version of gcc in M2007 implies some  code modifications. In this case you'd better install M2006.

Please let me know if you succeed.

Kamel

I have the same problem running the mesh in Mandriva 2007.  Regarding the above, does anyone know where I can get the libgfortran.so.0.0.0 file?  I have googled it and ended up with all sorts of rpn's and different zipped files that don't have it.

Regards
        Si

Posted by ZIBOUCHE Kamel at March 29. 2007
          Hi,
          Another way to solve the problem is to install "med" and "hdf" from source. When runnig "runInstall"  procedure  choose  install  from  source option for med and hdf. Before that there is a smal modification in the file "InstallWizard/config_file/med-2.2.3.sh"  line 69, change  "Mandriva  2006.0"  by "Mandriva  2007.0" .

Regards,
          Kamel