Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build INstalation under debian sarge!

INstalation under debian sarge!

Up to Install & build
  • INstalation under debian sarge!

Posted by martin diz at April 01. 2007
    Hi, i know there is  atopic for this but is about mandriva and the solution didnt work!
    When salome is launched, I cannot reach the modules MESH, POST and MED.
    the messages indicates that
    LibMESH.so and libgfortran.so are missing for SMESH
    libVISU.so and libgfortran.so are missing for POST
    libMED.so and libgfortran.so are missing for ME
    i install the fortran packages but didnt work!!!!!! some idea?
    i try with this ones g77 g77-3.3 libg2c0 libg2c0-dev
    thank you
    im running salome 3.2.2
    • Re: INstalation under debian sarge!

Posted by Bernt-Ola Sandström at April 02. 2007
      Hi!

Try to install  gfortran.

Regards!

Bernt-Ola

Posted by martin diz at April 02. 2007
        Bernt-Ola Sandström wrote:
        Hi!

Try to install  gfortran.

Regards!

Bernt-Ola

no luck! it didnt work!
        another idea?

Posted by martin diz at April 05. 2007
          ok i fix it!
          it works for debian etch and for debian sarge u dont need to install nothing extra! just create two links
          ln -s libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0 libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0
          ln -s libboost_signals-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0 libboost_signals-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0

in libboost directory.
          thank`s and regards

Posted by Fabian Dortu at April 24. 2007
            I also installed Salome on debian testing (code name "lenny";) and I got the same problem related to libboost. So I did the same as Martin, i.e. (in /usr/lib):
            ln -s libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0 libboost_thread-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0
            ln -s libboost_signals-gcc-mt-1_32.so.1.32.0 libboost_signals-gcc-mt-1_31.so.1.31.0

All the module now load without any problem but when I run the test ("import salome-test" in the python terminal), salome crashes with the following message in the terminal:

SALOME_Session_Server: symbol lookup error: /home/fabian/opt/salome_3.2.2/VISU_3.2.2/lib/salome/libVISUEngineImpl.so: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost7signals6detail11signal_baseC2ERKNS_9function2IbNS_3anyES4_SaINS_13function_baseEEEE

So I modified the symlink of libboost-signal as follow:

ln -s libboost_signals-gcc-1_31.so.1.31.0 -> libboost_signals-gcc-1_33_1.so.1.33.1

Now, when I run the test, salome do not crash anymore. The tests of Geometry, Mesh and Supervisor succeed, but the tests on VISU and MED fail with the following error in the python terminal:

=============  Test  VISU  and MED =============================

Traceback (most recent call last):
              File "", line 1, in ?
              File "/home/fabian/opt/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/salome/import_hook.py", line 139, in import_hook
                module= original_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
              File "/home/fabian/opt/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/salome/salome_test.py", line 445, in ?
                import visu_gui
              File "/home/fabian/opt/salome_3.2.2/KERNEL_3.2.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/salome/import_hook.py", line 139, in import_hook
                module= original_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
              File "/home/fabian/opt/salome_3.2.2/VISU_3.2.2/bin/salome/visu_gui.py", line 36, in ?
                myVisu = visu.Initialize(orb, naming_service,lcc,myStudyManager,myStudy, 2)
              File "/home/fabian/opt/salome_3.2.2/VISU_3.2.2/bin/salome/visu.py", line 64, in Initialize
                myLocalVisu.SetCurrentStudy(myLocalStudy)
              File "/home/fabian/opt/salome_3.2.2/VISU_3.2.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/salome/VISU_Gen_idl.py", line 1956, in SetCurrentStudy
                return _omnipy.invoke(self, "SetCurrentStudy", _0_VISU.VISU_Gen._d_SetCurrentStudy, args)
            omniORB.CORBA.INV_OBJREF: Minor: INV_OBJREF_InvokeOnNilObjRef, COMPLETED_NO.
            >>>

So I guess the only "good" solution is to install libboost 1.31 from scratch.
            Any other guess?

Fabian

Posted by Nandita Dash at June 13. 2007
            martin diz wrote:
            ok i fix it!
            it works for debian etch and for debian sarge u dont need to install nothing extra! just create two links

in libboost directory.
            thank`s and regards

Hello Martin

I am also getting the same problem i.e. unable to reach MESH,MEDand POST-PRO module while lunching salome in Debian sarge. I saw ur suggest . can You explain me in detail in which folder/ file I need to change .

With Regards
            Nandita Dash

Posted by Nandita Dash at June 13. 2007
            martin diz wrote:
            ok i fix it!

in libboost directory.
            thank`s and regards

Hello Martin

I am also getting the same problem i.e. unable to reach MESH,MEDand POST-PRO module while lunching salome in Debian sarge. I saw ur suggest . can You explain me in detail in which folder/ file I need to change .

With Regards
            Nandita Dash